Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Should I Attempt This ? ? ? 13 Apr 2007 04:22 #129559

• AR15Ron
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
drayman86 wrote:

Also need a parts washer, and both may have to wait for the tax return or until one of my other bikes sells.

You know I've been thinking about making a parts washer. A friend of mine owns a trasmission shop and he recently stopped using the service that changed the fluid in his parts washer. He says its just "denatured mineral spirits"? I hope I got that right. Anyway, it can be had at Walmart, Home Depot, other places. So I was thinking of getting some kind of old SS sink or the like and trying to find some kind of electric pump that wont ignite and turn me and my garage into charcoal. I was thinking maybe a fuel pump of some kind. A large inline fuel filter would probably handle most of the crud. Just a thought. I figured that would be pretty cheap.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GPz550D1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Should I Attempt This ? ? ? 13 Apr 2007 21:23 #129879

• drayman86
  • drayman86's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
AR15Ron wrote:

You know I've been thinking about making a parts washer.

Beauty idea, eh? Like the concept. Please make sure that your rig is properly bonded and grounded.

www.labsafety.com/refinfo/ezfacts/ezf255.htm

I can provide more specific information on bonding and grounding. Please email me at:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I may not be on this forum in the near future so may not be able to reply to responses to this post, however I am very familiar with bonding and grounding principles. Hate to see someone wind up on the moon.

Static electricity can kill you in this situation.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.