Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

A little progress with my chop....pics 10 Aug 2006 21:37 #68661

• Torch
  • Torch's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Figured i would toss up a quick pic of my bob/drag bike progress. Before anyone says anything, those peices of plate are only for temporary struts to move around the shop with....still waiting on my 10.5" springs.

Im going to move the electronics inboard and make my own flat side covers and seat pan all one peice. Im still undecided if im going to run a rear fender or not...im leaning more towards the not. Im still not done sanding down the cooling fins as you can tell in the pic, but the engine looks a heck of alot better painted. The paint scheme is going to be flat black with old school hot rod pinstripping. The headlight is probably going to be replaced with a rectangular one, just to be different and i think it will flow a little better with the straight line design i have.

The engine is going to have a single 40mm carb and im just going to run my header with a turnout to get the exhaust away from my foot. Im still a pretty long way from completion, but atleast its starting to take form from what i have in my brain. Anyway, post up whatever questions and comments you have....

Post edited by: Torch, at: 2006/08/11 00:40
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A little progress with my chop....pics 11 Aug 2006 04:25 #68686

• roy-b-boy-b
  • User
  • Thank you received: 103
That's one bike i could sit on flat footed. Roy
1979 LTD Street Fighter.1977 KZ1000

A little progress with my chop....pics 11 Aug 2006 19:31 #68845

• Torch
  • User
roy-b-boy-b wrote:

That's one bike i could sit on flat footed. Roy

Yeah, i think just about anyone could sit on there flatfooted....lol. I can stand next to the bike and where my seat will be is just above my knee's.

A little progress with my chop....pics 11 Aug 2006 21:02 #68860

• kawtoy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
I would seriously think about putting a rrar fender on. Nothing more "uncool" that pulling up at the bar and having a big splatter pattern down your back from the puddle you rode thru. Even if you don't ride in the rain you will still hit puddles, tar, mud, gravel and other crap that will fly up and hit you in the back. It will also get the bike very dirty.
Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

A little progress with my chop....pics 12 Aug 2006 12:42 #68963

• Torch
  • User
kawtoy wrote:

I would seriously think about putting a rrar fender on. Nothing more "uncool" that pulling up at the bar and having a big splatter pattern down your back from the puddle you rode thru. Even if you don't ride in the rain you will still hit puddles, tar, mud, gravel and other crap that will fly up and hit you in the back. It will also get the bike very dirty.

Flat black paint...no chrome...not worried about bike getting dirty. As for me, im a diesel mechanic...most of the time after work you can't tell what race i am...lol.

I thought about maybe making a flat fender out of one from a trailer, but only making it come about half way over the top of the tire and swingarm mounting it with about 1/4" of clearance.

A little progress with my chop....pics 23 Aug 2006 09:07 #71818

• Rickman
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
get yer new headlight low down on the forks, give it a more hungry look.

I don't know what it is about leaving off the rear fender, but I too find it an intriguing look for some reason!
1983 KZ1100-L1 "LTD Shaft"
Wiseco 10.5:1 1171 piston kit, bored by APE
Dyna 2000, Dyna S, Dyna grey coils, WG coil power mod, CB900 starter

A little progress with my chop....pics 23 Aug 2006 10:14 #71835

• JUSTICE114
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Nice Bike Bro! Go half way with the rear fender, it'll still look tight and you'll be protected. ;) Just keep in mind that what EVER you run over will be slung on to your back and i dont think a NAIL at 75mph will feel all that great when it sticks ya in the back. :pinch: If you could get some better pics, that'd be great!:) I wanna better look at the beast.B)

• Page: