Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

KZ750N air shock to standard shock conversion questions 21 Aug 2023 13:50 #888571

• kz750spectre
  • kz750spectre's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
I am hoping that I can remove the rear air shocks from my KZ750N spectre because they are blown, and replace them with traditional style shocks. I found this E-Bay listing that claims to be KZ750N standard spring type shocks. Can anyone confirm if this part would work on my bike? here's the Ebay link.

I'd appreciate any insight that could be shed on this. I know Nessism referred me to some aftermarket shock companies, which I'm okay with as long as I can keep things on the cheap. Preferably I'd like to use OEM shocks from another bike. So please let me know if the shocks above would work. Thanks everyone
-KzJM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ750N air shock to standard shock conversion questions 21 Aug 2023 14:53 #888572

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2681
Those ebay shocks were not good when new, and now they are 40 years old.

Spend a little and get these...www.suspension-store.com/YSS_RD222-330P-08-18
The following user(s) said Thank You: kz750spectre

KZ750N air shock to standard shock conversion questions 23 Jan 2024 07:09 #894340

• kz750spectre
  • kz750spectre's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
I really like those shocks, however they didn't fit my budget so I went with some Emgo shocks. Will update when I receive them, but they look like they will fit. If they do I'll link them here. I don't see why they wouldn't. Anyone have experience with the Emgo shocks? I've heard they're not bad but nothing to write home about. In my case my air shocks are totally blown so almost anything would feel better.
-KzJM

KZ750N air shock to standard shock conversion questions 24 Jan 2024 06:43 #894374

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2681
The guys I know with Emgo shocks said they were very stiff.  I'm not sure if that's a function of the spring, damping, or both.

• Page: