Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

I'm a girl I need help 02 Jun 2006 15:56 #51633

• DawnKZ750
  • DawnKZ750's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
My bike is way way to big for me. Can I put 10 inch shocks on it? or 12?
1982 KZ750-E
MASSACHUSETTS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I'm a girl I need help 02 Jun 2006 16:04 #51637

• btchalice
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
i think you can use sportster 11.5 inch
Terry Meyer / Wichita KS
76 kz900 w/1000 motor TWZTD
I am not driving too fast, I'm flying too low.

I'm a girl I need help 02 Jun 2006 16:38 #51646

• guitargeek
  • User
  • Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self absorbed.
  • Thank you received: 50
Try eBay for shorter shocks. You can also get your seat worked on, have some foam removed to lower the seat height.

One other thing... if you have an 18" rear wheel, you might consider getting a 16" wheel from an LTD.
1980 KZ750-H1 (slightly altered)
1987 KZ1000-P6 "Ponch"
1979 GS1000 "Dadzuki"

I'm a girl I need help 02 Jun 2006 19:09 #51685

• wireman
  • Visitor
thats just wrong,if i posted im a fat retired guy i need help,all i ever get is try exercise!!!!!:S :whistle: :woohoo:

I'm a girl I need help 02 Jun 2006 19:10 #51686

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
I deleted your other thread since you have activity in this one.

Not a lot of difference in diameter between a 120/90/18 and a 130/90/16, around 3/8" or so, makes it an expensive way to go for very little difference.
KD9JUR

I'm a girl I need help 02 Jun 2006 19:47 #51696

• Pterosaur
  • Visitor
wireman wrote:

thats just wrong,if i posted im a fat retired guy i need help,all i ever get is try exercise!!!!!:S :whistle: :woohoo:

Reminds me of an exchange I witnessed in the service dept. of an independent/franchise bike shop in Florida.

Sales manager, big whale about 350lbs or so (with an 'ole lady to match...) comes back to the shop and asks the head mech, "Hey John - what can I do to make my bike go faster?"

John the mech looks at him and says, "Two words. Jenny Craig."

Wasn't a dry eye in the house...:woohoo:

I'm a girl I need help 02 Jun 2006 20:43 #51707

• agawam
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Where in massachusetts, I live near springfield. I have lowered a couple so far Its not all that difficult, what size rear wheel do you have, if its an 18 maybe the 16 in rear could help with a low profile tire,I have used shorter fork tubes and 12 in harley shocks and have gone to a cafe type seat, my 650SR is very low, I can stand flat foot and not touch the seat, I have some parts

I'm a girl I need help 02 Jun 2006 20:59 #51713

• DanOz7Five0
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
How do I ask for a better picture of you seat without some wisea$$ making a crack out of it.

Seriously though, you should be able to get at least 2" of foam taken out of your seat without sacrificing too much comfort. You can also shave the sides to get it narrower also. Its pretty simple to do with a electric carving knife (the one you slice turkey with) a small belt sander and a dust mask (gets very messy). Take off the cover, carefully. Then set the seat on the bike with just the foam. Then decide where you want to shave. I sat on my seat and decided I wanted to move back a few inches, so I took a sharpie and drew a line behind where I wanted my behind to be. Then I slowly started shaving it down and rechecking my progress. Then I took a small belt sander and smoothed out the edges. I was able to still use my old cover, although I had to stretch it differently. Recovering with the old cover is only because Im a cheapskate, but it helps if you are working on it when the sun is beating down on it to make it warmer, more stretchable.

The Sportster shocks you are looking for came from a Hugger model, basically a lower riding Sporty, dont just take any Sportster shocks, most Sporty riders take off the stock shocks and put lower ones on, so finding a set of shorty sporty shocks is more of a find.

I'm a girl I need help 02 Jun 2006 21:43 #51733

• Pterosaur
  • Visitor
DanOz7Five0 wrote:

How do I ask for a better picture of you seat without some wisea$$ making a crack out of it....

I'm bad. I know it. But it was _soooo_ there...
Attachments:

I'm a girl I need help 03 Jun 2006 02:56 #51775

• wireman
  • Visitor
Pterosaur wrote:

DanOz7Five0 wrote:

How do I ask for a better picture of you seat without some wisea$$ making a crack out of it....

I'm bad. I know it. But it was _soooo_ there...

yeah i know,it was the only bike i could find that i had no interest in tearing apart and modifying.and its easy to get on and off of!:S :woohoo:

I'm a girl I need help 03 Jun 2006 03:48 #51778

• Mcdroid
  • User
  • Gone Kwackers
  • Thank you received: 304
Dawn, there was some good advice given here...shorter shocks will give you a bit, but the biggest height drop will be through modifying your seat. I had a friend in high school who road a 650 triumph (and he was maybe 5'1" or 2"). He was able to fit on the bike by sculpting his seat. :)
Michael
Alvin, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

I'm a girl I need help 03 Jun 2006 06:37 #51792

• Nevco48
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
DanOz7Five0 wrote:

How do I ask for a better picture of you seat without some wisea$$ making a crack out of it. quote]

Danny Boy, you're saying you want a picture of "The Crack of Dawn"?:laugh: :laugh:

Pterosaur, where do you come up with these photos?

• Page: