Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

broken bleeder 28 Apr 2006 16:51 #43484

• Leather
  • Leather's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
:S Well it finaly happened.. had to change te front brake fluid and *snap* I broke a bleeded off.. I thought there was an artical on fishing a stuck bleeded out afterwards but cant seem to find it.. any one have and good ideas? I was gonna stick an easi-out in the stub and ease a little pariffin wax in to the threads with my heat gun(cause i remembered some where inhere reading about how it penatrated better than oil. and I thought it was less likely to contaminate the works..) am I forgetting some thing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

broken bleeder 30 Apr 2006 07:25 #43861

• cjhansen2
  • Visitor
Yes, you are forgetting ebay. YOu could probably pick one up for very little and not have to screw around. My time is worth money, so I would rather spend it riding or working on fun stuff on my bike, not brake bleeders. ;)

broken bleeder 30 Apr 2006 10:17 #43910

• wireman
  • Visitor
what kind of bike?

broken bleeder 30 Apr 2006 12:17 #43939

• Leather
  • User
Ahh sorry .its for a 80 750e. I've heard they make stainless ones,but dont know if they are for this size valve.

broken bleeder 08 May 2006 17:24 #45997

• Leather
  • User
:angry: fifteen freaking dollars a piece! for one blasted bleeder from Kawa. Geezus! and its not even stainless !

broken bleeder 08 May 2006 17:42 #46006

• Nevco48
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
Is the broken stub of the bleeder still in the calliper, is that the first part of the problem?

broken bleeder 13 May 2006 22:38 #47111

• Leather
  • User
yeppers. its got me a bit worried that I'll snap an easy-out small enough to get inside the bore of the stub.I figure if its stuck tight enought to snap the bleeder its gonna be a ber to get oot:blink:
so i gat a call front edealer today and the bleeder vales are in .. so any one got any idea m besides keep my fingers crossd?

broken bleeder 14 May 2006 07:18 #47142

• kawsakiman
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
here is a old auto tech's trick. first you have to cut a slot in the bleeder somehow. maybe with a dremel tool, air powered cut off wheel,even a hacksaw.then get yourself a gallon of water. take a torch and heat around bleeder. keep the torch moving so you don't melt beyond repair.last thing you want is it to melt or burn your seal in the cailper. after it's pretty warm,dump the whole gallon of water on it. this should "shock" the bleeder. you should be able to use a screwdriver to back the thing out. on the other hand, this is a awful lot of work and only a 50/50 chance of working so maybe e-bay is a better way to go. the cailper will look better if you bought a different one instead of cutting a slot in yours. on a car there hidden but right up front on a bike. well good luck and let us know what you end up doing.
someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

broken bleeder 14 May 2006 11:22 #47186

• wireman
  • Visitor
see if you can find a chainsaw file or small rat tail file,it should be about the right size for an easy out just tap it in there really carefully and turn it out with a small cresent wrench.you should be able to get a bleeder valve at an auto parts store a lot cheaper than that just take good one with you to match it up to. ;) goodlck,happy wrenching!

• Page: