Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Front Master Cylinder Issues 13 May 2017 06:59 #761870

• Bruin17
  • Bruin17's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey everyone, I'm new at this and I'm a bit of an idiot so I'd appreciate some help. I have an '82 Kawasaki KZ650 CSR that I've been working on and I need to replace my front master cylinder. However, for the life of me I cannot get the electrical wires off of the brake assembly. Is there a special trick that I don't know? I'm just afraid of ripping it out or cutting the wires because I don't really want to mess with electrical issues. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Front Master Cylinder Issues 13 May 2017 07:18 #761872

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829
I'm not familiar with that particular master cylinder, but the wiring attachment might be similar to the starter lockout wiring attachment on the clutch lever holder. Take a very close look at the part of the wiring attachment where it attaches to the master cylinder. See if you can find a small hole in it. If so, push a small tool through the hole and see if you can depress a tang inside the unit. If so, while depressing the tang you should be able to pull the wiring attachment from the master cylinder. This is how the starter lockout wiring is attached to the clutch lever on my KZ650-C1. Ed
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

Front Master Cylinder Issues 13 May 2017 07:45 #761875

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1621
There's a square hole on the underside. The switch has a tab that locks into the hole. Just use something to push in on the tab & pull the switch out while depressing the tab.

Last edit: by martin_csr.
  • Page: