Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Wide Open 20 Nov 2005 14:40 #9206

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
I have chased enough problems when adjusting slides on VM series carbs to worry about the differential method... Now on CV carbs, the differential thing would work great... you would do 1/2 then 3/4 and then 2/3 as this is the standard way to sync the 3 adjuster CV sets...
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wide Open 20 Nov 2005 15:34 #9217

• GargantuChet
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm convinced that with enough playing you can eventually work it out, although it'll probably require more trial and error if you have problems with one adjustment making the rest change positions as well.

With things like that, I value my time much less than I value my money. I'd rather shell out $3 for a 20' section of tubing and play for a few hours to make something out of spare ATF and other stuff laying around than pay for a full pro gauge set. That's just because if I spend hours futzing around to save myself $50, well, that's $50 saved.

Hopefully at some point I'll be able to expand the budget a little bit, but until then it's shadetree techniques and tools for me. :(

Wide Open 23 Nov 2005 08:42 #9819

• ronkz1000
  • ronkz1000's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Road to town this morning and dosen't run good at low rpms seems to stutter, choked it and it smoothed out. my question is how do you adjust the low and mid range on the carbs? I still haven't sync. them yet don't have the cash for the manometer yet.

Wide Open 24 Nov 2005 13:30 #10040

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
I suggest you tune the bike up and as part of this process, synchronize the carburetors. The tuning issue you talked about requires making sure components in the pilot and choke system function correctly for idle and speeds up to 1/8 throttle. This means cleaning and replacing stuff that isn't up to snuff and jetting apporopriately for use with the pods and 4 into 1. The mid-range is controlled by the jet needle and needle jet. To tune these, the position of the eclip on the OEM jet needle is required and greater amounts of tuning can be achieved by replacing these components with more appropriate, if you have made airbox/pipe mods.

If the bike is missing while under operation at speed, then the problem is due to fuel starvation The miss can come from an obstructed fuel filter OR obstructed internal carb component OR the miss can be from an electrical issue (like weak spark or bad contact in coil power wire path or any bad piece of ignition related component.

Post edited by: wiredgeorge, at: 2005/11/24 16:33
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Wide Open 24 Nov 2005 14:32 #10046

• ronkz1000
  • User
Well as soon as I can spring for an manometer I'll doit.
I agree it seems to not be getting enough gas from 1/4 to 3/4 throttle.What are the upgrades you metioned for the eclip and needle? I ask because I do have the airpods an 4-1

Wide Open 04 Dec 2005 12:43 #11738

• ronkz1000
  • User
Can any of you kz Guru's tell me if these carbs will fit my 78 kz1000 (1986 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Keihin Carbuerators) I bought them on ebay cheap haven't recieved them yet but they are on the way.

Wide Open 04 Dec 2005 14:20 #11759

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
The 86 Ninja 1000 is a totally different motor, so I doubt that the carbs will work without some modification.

To answer your question about the carb manifolds, you can buy them at Z1 Enterprises for ~$40 for all four.
KD9JUR

• Page: