TOPIC:

pilot jet plug o'rings 11 Oct 2006 13:07 #83498

• Grantl
  • Grantl's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • KZRider is Da Bomb!!!
  • Thank you received: 4
Howdy,
I have my carbs out and have been replacing jets. I have found that the plugs that cover the pilot jets have small o'rings that hold the plugs in place. While out, the o'rings have dried out and shrunk to the point that they no-longer will hold in place. I am in the process of ordering new Viton or Chemraz o'rings. I want to order the AS568A-006 rings which measure roughly 1/8" I.D. X 1/4" O.D. and have a 1/16" cross-section. Do you think these will work?
Thanks,
Grant.
1981 KZ1000 CSR
1983 KZ750 Project Bike
1990 550 Zephyr
1994 KZ1000 P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

pilot jet plug o'rings 12 Oct 2006 05:46 #83630

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Grant, That doesn't sound right but I can't recall the correct size off the top of my head. I buy the correct sized orings and in metric sizes. If you drop me an email, I will get the correct metric size. You cold probably also take a smaller oring and stretch it and then use a Dremmel tool with a grind stone to "file" the edge some or actually use a file to decrease the outside diameter and make it fit. Drop me a note if that doesn't appeal to you as I will surely forget to check otherwise...
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

pilot jet plug o'rings 13 Oct 2006 05:23 #83865

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Grant, I sent you two Private Messages. The first one contains incorrect info (I looked on the wrong parts bin). Please let me know you received my notes. Thanks! wg
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

• Page: