Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Carb O-Ring's - Alternative sources 08 Apr 2007 09:37 #127676

• Kz1100a3
  • Kz1100a3's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Just wondering if WiredGeorge or anyone here has an alternate source for carb o-rings. I don't really need a whole carb kit as the bike is still running well since I cleaned/rebuilt them with some "Fabricated o-rings" I cut a section out of the ones with too big of an ID and trimmed ones that had too big of an OD with fingernail trimmers)

I am not too confident that the the o-rings I used will keep holding up to the gasoline as I got them at a plumbing/hardware store.

I have the part #'s but I do not have a way to measure the exact inner and outer diameter of the o-rings. Does anyone have a way to detemine the size of these o-rings and or know of a cheaper aftermarket source than getting the carb kits?

16038-022
92055-1059
92055-1105

Thanks to all in advance.
Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

---- 08 Apr 2007 10:29 #127694

• H1Vindicator
  • User
  • Thank you received: 45
----

Last edit: by H1Vindicator.

Carb O-Ring's - Alternative sources 10 Apr 2007 06:12 #128436

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
I buy metric oring by the 100 lot or 1000 lot depending on the application from a wholesaler. Metric orings are sized like: Pxx, where xx is a number like P03 or P07. I have a chart somewhere that gives dimensions but not sure where it is at right at this second.

The Harbor Freight metric oring assortment will work fine... these orings are nitrile and stand up well to gas. Keep in mind that when replacing orings, if yours are worn badly, they tend to lose elasticity and as a concequence, their original size will be hard to figure out... when taken off, they will appear quite a bit bigger than they did originally.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

• Page: