Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Let's see YOUR drag bike ! 18 Feb 2022 15:31 #862535

• 750 R1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 394

Not quite a dragbike but i ran this girl on the back roads around Hamilton Ontario for a few summers in early 2000.

That would have been fun on right hand corners  !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Let's see YOUR drag bike ! 19 Aug 2022 09:18 #872470

• Southpaw
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
Most recent, fiberglass seat area made and painted
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dragbike_Mike

Last edit: by Street Fighter LTD.

Let's see YOUR drag bike ! 20 Aug 2022 13:12 #872553

• Dragbike_Mike
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 104
In reading through this thread, I realized that I hadn't posted a pic of me and my dragbike.  So, here you go - a pic taken in the pits at Indianapolis Raceway Park, August 1996, at the Prostar Thunder Nationals.  I was bit lighter then (by about 10 lbs) and, gee, no gray hair!!!   Some great memories.  Seems like yesterday...

Mike

Presently - 1980 KZ1000B4 LTD w/mild ported head, Megacycle cams, 1015cc Wiseco, Falicon Supercrank, R&D undercut trans
In a former life - KZ-based dragbike - CrMo car tire chassis, 1395cc, Hahn Racecraft turbo system, VP C16, Orient Express 3-spd auto, 7.80's @ 165-170.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nessism, riturbo, Street Fighter LTD, slayer61

Last edit: by Dragbike_Mike. Reason: typo correction

Let's see YOUR drag bike ! 26 Mar 2023 07:39 #882010

• tomsbadkz
  • User
  • Thank you received: 38
Hoping to get to Mason/Dixon dragway in the spring.  Traction is gonna be the issue....... and rider ability.
1977 kz1327
Cavanaugh Head 38.6/33
38mm Flatslides
MRE racecut trans
300mm rear tire
Web Cams 435/465

1984 GPZ1100
Cavanaugh Head
1170cc
Web 415 cams
RC Hp Inj.
Bored throttle bodies
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD, Scirocco, urankjj, Dragbike_Mike, Wookie58

Last edit: by tomsbadkz. Reason: pic

Let's see YOUR drag bike ! 27 Mar 2023 17:17 #882095

• Injected
  • User
  • Thank you received: 382
Bike got a paint job and some decals...

Will be out for the first time this Summer.

Attachments:

Last edit: by Injected.

Let's see YOUR drag bike ! 28 Mar 2023 12:20 #882121

• Wookie58
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1756
How about some pics of the whole bike injected, looks like a beast

Let's see YOUR drag bike ! 28 Mar 2023 13:10 #882126

• Injected
  • User

There is not much to see right now, had a issue torquing down a couple of cylinder head nuts late last year so stopped and covered it. Had too much on my plate to troubleshoot the issue. Going to dive into it soon.

Here is where its at :

Here is what it looks like complete (PO) :

Got rid of the yellow paint and went flat black. Bought it as a roller and built my own 1327 engine, had to completely trash the wire harness on it and redid the whole thing from scratch (not that there are many wires on it) 7 inch slick, 5 speed hand clutch, lock up, and kick start with a manual retard.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: urankjj, Dragbike_Mike, Wookie58

Let's see YOUR drag bike ! 28 Mar 2023 14:23 #882128

• urankjj
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 196

Hoping to get to Mason/Dixon dragway in the spring.  Traction is gonna be the issue....... and rider ability. Bike looks Awesome. You should have good fun practicing your launches. It took me awhile to correctly slip the clutch for optimum 60 ft times. Take your time and good luck to you.

Let's see YOUR drag bike ! 28 Mar 2023 15:50 #882132

• Wookie58
  • Away

There is not much to see right now, had a issue torquing down a couple of cylinder head nuts late last year so stopped and covered it. Had too much on my plate to troubleshoot the issue. Going to dive into it soon.

It's gonna be sweet   I don't know if it's the same issue but when I built the Honda motor in my Harris many years ago I had one that wouldn't tighten. The stud was pulling out of the crankcase like a cork from a wine bottle, a so called "toolmaker" then made a complete dogs arse of helicoiling it (the stud was at an angle) I ended up having to go out to 14mm and get a sleeve made to screw into the crankcase to take the stud) as yours hasn't been butchered if it is the same issue I guess a "Timesert" would probably get the job done.
Be lucky

Let's see YOUR drag bike ! 29 Mar 2023 15:53 #882158

• Injected
  • User

It's gonna be sweet   I don't know if it's the same issue but when I built the Honda motor in my Harris many years ago I had one that wouldn't tighten. The stud was pulling out of the crankcase like a cork from a wine bottle, a so called "toolmaker" then made a complete dogs arse of helicoiling it (the stud was at an angle) I ended up having to go out to 14mm and get a sleeve made to screw into the crankcase to take the stud) as yours hasn't been butchered if it is the same issue I guess a "Timesert" would probably get the job done.
Be lucky

I am hoping I can avoid tearing it down. The guy who ported the head has seen similar issues on other drag bikes and has other suggestions to try first. Nothing worse than being hours away from first fire up and come up on a issue like this.

The PO (ugly yellow paint job) went 9.20's with a 1075 motor (custom 30mm Lectrons) The original builder had a 1327 motor and went 8.60's in 1980.

Let's see YOUR drag bike ! 29 Mar 2023 16:11 #882160

• Wookie58
  • Away

Be lucky

I am hoping I can avoid tearing it down. The guy who ported the head has seen similar issues on other drag bikes and has other suggestions to try first. Nothing worse than being hours away from first fire up and come up on a issue like this.

The PO (ugly yellow paint job) went 9.20's with a 1075 motor (custom 30mm Lectrons) The original builder had a 1327 motor and went 8.60's in 1980.

that will get the blood pumping

Let's see YOUR drag bike ! 31 Mar 2023 17:09 #882242

• Injected
  • User
Need to pull this one out this Summer as well...

I was working on it last the Summer before Covid hit, did a bunch of changes to it. Ported the head a bit more and installed some smaller fuel nozzles.

Want to get it running and then assess if I want to revert back to a self start (kick or button) which might mean going back to running gasoline.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dragbike_Mike, Wookie58