Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Is the big block the only way? 25 Nov 2006 16:10 #94861

• kz-mtd
  • kz-mtd's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I have been trying to decide if I should go 1197 or 1327? 1197 with a tricked out head, welded crank backcut trannny,dyna 2000 ignition, or 1327 with the same features as the 1197.Looking to get 130 rwhp+. If the 1197 is good enough what is good combination to go in the kz 903 head. Kz 900 Z1E motor.:whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Is the big block the only way? 25 Nov 2006 16:15 #94863

• APE Jay
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 58
kzzone.com/heads.html

Bottom of page

Is the big block the only way? 25 Nov 2006 16:17 #94865

• wireman
  • Visitor
whats the word im looking for?????????????? hang on itll come to me! :whistle:as dear ol dad always told me growing up:do as i say,not as i do!trust me that 1197 will be plenty to get you in trouble on a streetbike,or as i always say youll run out of "tganeks"(tm)long before a well built 1197 will:evil: :P

Post edited by: wireman, at: 2006/11/25 19:30

Post edited by: wireman, at: 2006/11/25 22:17
Attachments:

Is the big block the only way? 25 Nov 2006 19:39 #94934

• kz-mtd
  • User
wireman wrote:

whats the word im looking for??????????????

hang on itll come to me! :whistle:as dear ol dad always told me growing up:do as i say,not as i do!trust me that 1197 will be plenty to get you in trouble on a streetbike,or as i always say youll run out of "tganeks"(tm)long before a well built 1197 will:evil: :P

Post edited by: wireman, at: 2006/11/25 19:30<br><br>Post edited by: wireman, at: 2006/11/25 22:17

Back cutting the tranny is it needed.

Is the big block the only way? 25 Nov 2006 19:45 #94938

• geerbangr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
1197 will be enough to get you into trouble on the street , but a 1327 will jerk your asshole outta socket !!! Just what are you looking for ??? :whistle:
1978 KZ 1000

I go by Jason

Is the big block the only way? 25 Nov 2006 20:03 #94942

• wireman
  • Visitor
kz-mtd wrote:

wireman wrote:

hang on itll come to me! :whistle:as dear ol dad always told me growing up:do as i say,not as i do!trust me that 1197 will be plenty to get you in trouble on a streetbike,or as i always say youll run out of "tganeks"(tm)long before a well built 1197 will:evil: :P

Post edited by: wireman, at: 2006/11/25 19:30<br><br>Post edited by: wireman, at: 2006/11/25 22:17

its one of those things that 5 guys will tell you to do and 5 will tell you not to out of all the bikes ive had this one im building is the 1st one that i remember ever finding it worth doing on,and i do tend to ride them as hard as anybody i know anytime ya wanna compare police records! :evil: :P anyway if its just gonna be a warmed up streetbike without an airshifter or anything fancy like that i wouldnt worry about it if you plan on running a really sticky back tire id reccomend a heavy 2nd gear though because that big ol torquey motor with a sticky tire will destroy the stock one if you ride like i do!:evil: :P

Is the big block the only way? 25 Nov 2006 20:23 #94948

• kz-mtd
  • User
geerbangr wrote:

1197 will be enough to get you into trouble on the street , but a 1327 will jerk your asshole outta socket !!! Just what are you looking for ??? :whistle:

I guess I'm looking for real power... something I can take to the track once in a while and maintain streetibilty.

Is the big block the only way? 25 Nov 2006 20:28 #94949

• kz-mtd
  • User
wireman wrote:

kz-mtd wrote:

wireman wrote:

its one of those things that 5 guys will tell you to do and 5 will tell you not to out of all the bikes ive had this one im building is the 1st one that i remember ever finding it worth doing on,and i do tend to ride them as hard as anybody i know anytime ya wanna compare police records! :evil: :P anyway if its just gonna be a warmed up streetbike without an airshifter or anything fancy like that i wouldnt worry about it if you plan on running a really sticky back tire id reccomend a heavy 2nd gear though because that big ol torquey motor with a sticky tire will destroy the stock one if you ride like i do!:evil: :P

I like to ride 2,so if 1197 what head combo you suggest?:whistle: Like big valves, port :huh:

Is the big block the only way? 25 Nov 2006 20:29 #94950

• wireman
  • Visitor
you can take the extra money you save by building the 1197 and spend it on your chassis,all the power in the world does you no good if it cant hook up:evil: ;)

Is the big block the only way? 25 Nov 2006 20:41 #94952

• racer54
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 114
I agree with Wireman. All the horsepower in the world does you no good if you leave it behind in a cloud of tiresmoke. Spend some of that money and get your chassis set up with needed improvements to handle the horsepower...then bring on the excitement! Brakes up to snuff? Big enough tire out back to handle the coming storm? Make it larger...stickier. Bracing the frame is a good idea also, although you could get by without it. It's a package deal if you want to get the most out of it, so think total package. You won't regret taking the time and a few extra bucks and bringing the chassis in tune with the motor.
1980 LTD (changed over the years), 1979 LTD (being rebuilt), 1977 KZ turbo and various KZ's in various states of build. KLX110

Is the big block the only way? 25 Nov 2006 21:02 #94958

• wireman
  • Visitor
kz-mtd wrote:

wireman wrote:

kz-mtd wrote:

wireman wrote:

I like to ride 2,so if 1197 what head combo you suggest?:whistle: Like big valves, port :huh:

if you want a good streetable motor with lots of torque id reccomend staying away from the huge ports bigger valves help ,maybe check out the post larrycavan did a while back on cylinder heads;)thatswhy i say listen to him.i know what works,but he knows how to explain why it works!:P

Post edited by: wireman, at: 2006/11/26 19:02

Is the big block the only way? 26 Nov 2006 06:10 #95008

• kz-mtd
  • User
The brace kit is on the way, cbr f3 rim 5 inches,swingarm and brakes.Why not use the big valve,port job,and 435 cams :unsure: