Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Complete Tune Up? 17 Oct 2006 12:47 #84990

• bs1134
  • bs1134's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I know its been a while since I've been on, but I've in the middle of moving for awhile. I was living in the high country of Colorado at 10,000ft. And my bike was running fine. However, I just moved back to Orange County on October 1st and was planning on getting my valves adjusted (I don't know when they have ever been adjusted from the previous owners) and also getting a tune up from the dealership nearest me. My bike runs really well down here, it has more power for sure and I don't have to wear 5 jackets to feel comfortable. I am planning on getting a few parts to make it easier for me and the dealership when I bring it in. However, I can't find the Shift Shaft Seal for my bike (KZ 750 CSR M1), does anyone know where I might find one. (I am pretty sure I have checked Z1 Enterprises, but I'll look again). Do you have any suggestions on other stuff that should be looked at (basic tune up) when I take it in. PS: Anyone in Orange County want to ride, none of my friends have bikes down here...I live by "Cook's Corner"....anyone, anyone!!! Let me know!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Complete Tune Up? 17 Oct 2006 13:14 #84998

• longshanks
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey If you get stuck, try UK company Z power, just google it! If you can't find the bit you need drop them a line, very helpful, great for me as I live in UK, dunno if it makes sense to you?

Complete Tune Up? 17 Oct 2006 16:38 #85039

• kzwolfsr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
Im in Colorado now using my jackets to keep warm,plus I was riding today, and half of the day was a snow storm. I had to ride home in the snow..... and fell once. I hate the snow even more now!!
1979 KZ SR650, stock candy persimmon red and crossover pipes
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H
Original man of the Caribbean

Complete Tune Up? 17 Oct 2006 22:27 #85131

• bs1134
  • bs1134's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
you fell, how bad, that sucks... I was living in Breckenridge...I really miss it but, there is no way to ride a bike after October.

Complete Tune Up? 18 Oct 2006 05:35 #85160

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
I can't imagine the shift shaft seal is any different that on other models. Check the ID and OD and thickness... z1enterprises sells seal kits and I suspect some of the seals would work on most any bike. If you have the ID, OD and thickness, post it. I have lots of seals that were never used from "kits" that I buy when I redo a bike. Probably other folks as well.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Complete Tune Up? 18 Oct 2006 05:58 #85169

• ronjones
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
bs1134 wrote:

I know its been a while since I've been on, but I've in the middle of moving for awhile. I was living in the high country of Colorado at 10,000ft. And my bike was running fine. However, I just moved back to Orange County on October 1st and was planning on getting my valves adjusted (I don't know when they have ever been adjusted from the previous owners) and also getting a tune up from the dealership nearest me. My bike runs really well down here, it has more power for sure and I don't have to wear 5 jackets to feel comfortable. I am planning on getting a few parts to make it easier for me and the dealership when I bring it in. However, I can't find the Shift Shaft Seal for my bike (KZ 750 CSR M1), does anyone know where I might find one. (I am pretty sure I have checked Z1 Enterprises, but I'll look again). Do you have any suggestions on other stuff that should be looked at (basic tune up) when I take it in. PS: Anyone in Orange County want to ride, none of my friends have bikes down here...I live by "Cook's Corner"....anyone, anyone!!! Let me know!

We have the same bike, check cycle-parts.com That is where I got my shift shaft seal, along w/quite a few other seals, gaskets and OEM parts. They have a minimum on their website ordering but if you call and talk to Rean, he can sometime get you the parts w/o minimum.
Good Luck
Ron
'82 KZ750 CSR, M1 twin. Mac 2-1 exhaust, K&N pods, 17tooth drive sprocket, Mikuni BS-34 carbs w/#47.5 pilot jet and #125 main jet, Canadian XS650 needlejetjet needle, Wired George's coil mod.
Barrak, Nancy and Harry says: Welcome to the United Soviet States of America, Comrades

• Page: