• Page:

TOPIC:

cafe bike mods...77 kz400s 26 Aug 2006 19:53 #72730

• The Lorax
  • The Lorax's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello all,

I am new to this forum but not to the KZ's I have an old (77) 400cc "S" model I've had for maybe 14 or 15 years, I am in the process of trying to give it that "british Cafe racer look from the '50s & '60s. I was reading the july/august issue of Motorcycle classics and saw a layout on a '59 Triumph TR6 trophy. the exhaust system is 2 - 2 and run high, about even with the top of the rear sprocket. I think that if with the appropriate mods to the bike, an exhaust like this on the old 400 would look really cool. does anyone know if something like this is available as an aftermarket piece, or if I can find a set in a boeyard and mod them to fit my kz? thanks all in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

cafe bike mods...77 kz400s 13 Sep 2006 17:44 #76560

• KnuckleBuster
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I know they make pipes like the ones you're talking about for the Honda CB450. I have no idea if you could make them fit your bike. However, if you know someone who can weld fairly well, you could make a set up yourself. There are a few places that sell exhaust tubing bends (90 degree, 180 degree, etc.) that could be cut and welded to fit the bike perfectle. Then throw on a set of Dunstall style mufflers and you're good to go.

This guy has mufflers pretty cheap: www.woodstock-ny.com/allynair/PAGE02.htm

Of course, I'm sure there are other places, too.

Good luck - Cafe bikes rule!

cafe bike mods...77 kz400s 13 Sep 2006 18:01 #76561

• kawtoy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
That guy has some great prices. Cheapest Colortune tool I have seen anywhere. I will be ordering one tomorrow. Also going to grab a few mirrors for the Triumph. Time to be legal again I guess.
Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

cafe bike mods...77 kz400s 13 Sep 2006 18:01 #76562

• kawtoy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
That guy has some great prices. Cheapest Colortune tool I have seen anywhere. I will be ordering one tomorrow. Also going to grab a few mirrors for the Triumph. Time to be legal again I guess.
Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

• Page: