Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Dies after extended riding 06 Aug 2006 10:56 #67497

• andrewwpost
  • andrewwpost's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a 83 kz750 k1 it is the twin in case some are wondering. Well I bought the bike rode it for a while and I was headin down the freeway and it just diied, sounded like it was gettting enough gas. But it only did it after I rode about 100 miles. Well I took them out cleaned them pretty good, and the bike ran great again. So I rode about anotehr 100 miles and (don't quoteme on that) But it was a good distance. It sounds like mabe the floats arre getting stuck and not letting the fuel in at one point. It is just a thought. also it wouldn't idle the same a one point. it would bounce from like 4000 back to 1500. Usually the idle would stick after riding down the street. Yes the bike did have gas, that was the first thing I checked. So yeah if anyone can help, that would be much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dies after extended riding 06 Aug 2006 14:09 #67525

• jetbird390
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
When it dies, is it all-of-a-sudden or kinda gradual? It kinda sounds like it is overheating, are you sure it has enough oil?

Dies after extended riding 06 Aug 2006 14:22 #67532

• The Milkman
  • User
  • Thank you received: 194
It may be the tank vent is plugged. On a longer trip it will create a vaccum in the tank and the gas can't flow. If it happens again. Open the cap and listen for an air surge into the tank.
Ride safe,
Les
78 650-C2, Stock engine, Jardine 4-2 Exh., 17-38 sprockets, dyna ignition and coils, coil wiring mod, carb mod.

• Page: