Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Clutch 01 Aug 2006 18:30 #66506

• DawnKZ750
  • DawnKZ750's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all, before I start thanks to everyone who helped me last time. I hope I don't have a major problem here. I've been hearing a "clanking" noise for a few days it sounds like it's coming from the gear box area. I read some old threads and I am planning on checking my cam chain. ??? This morning I noticed that when I pull in the clutch lever to switch gears, the engine doesn't rev like is used to when the lever was pulled in. When I pull in the lever everthing get's quiet like the bike is stalled but it's not.

1982 KZ750E

I'm at work now and I don't have the bike with me (it was 95 degrees today) I looked at the clutch cable quickly this morning and it didn't look frayed or anything. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dawn
1982 KZ750-E
MASSACHUSETTS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Clutch 01 Aug 2006 20:55 #66548

• Werewolfx
  • User
err, well, your engine SHOULDN'T rev when you upshift if you're shifting properly..roll throttle most of the way shut at the same time you pull the clutch lever in, upshift, roll throttle open as you let the clutch out.
Chris

Clutch 01 Aug 2006 21:03 #66549

• DawnKZ750
  • User
LOL thanks - the throttle is closed when I shift. :angry:
When I pull the clutch lever in and shift (throttle closed) I used to hear a rev noise and I don't hear it anymore. :S
hmmmm,
1982 KZ750-E
MASSACHUSETTS

Clutch 01 Aug 2006 21:08 #66550

• Werewolfx
  • User
The way I shift, my engine loses very little of its speed before I've already completed the shift and let out the clutch, so it doesn't fall silent, but I suspect you have some other issue..I'd have to hear it to know what you're talking about though.
Chris

Clutch 01 Aug 2006 21:17 #66552

• DawnKZ750
  • User
Thanks Werewolfx I guess this was a stupid problem to post as you cannot hear the "clanking" or the "silence" lol - I'll bring it by a friends house or something. Thanks again.
1982 KZ750-E
MASSACHUSETTS

Clutch 01 Aug 2006 21:27 #66553

• steveo_4192003
  • User
  • 77kz650b-1
  • Thank you received: 1
i to have that same problem when i pull the clutch in , the bike revs up to 4000 ( if i leave it in longer than my shifting time) i think its running lean and thats why it dose that, or just air leak from boots

any advice on this little problem. i WILL do another air leak teast (wd-40) and see what that does!!
1977 kz650b-1, 4-2exhaust systetm, pod filters ,jetted 112 main, 17.5 pilot

Clutch 01 Aug 2006 21:35 #66554

• DawnKZ750
  • User
thanks, I did just adjust my pilot screws last night. OMG - I thought the "reving" was normal (this is my first bike and I only got it last year) maybe now it's correct (now that it DOESN'T rev) I really really hate sounding stupid but this is the only way I am going to learn - I'm liking it so far.
1982 KZ750-E
MASSACHUSETTS

• Page: