Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

I need the WISDOM of the Old Timers but Young at Heart KZ750B 23 May 2022 13:36 #867599

• Wookie58
  • Thank you received: 1782
Hi ShaneDude, I see F64 has worked his magic for you. One thing I wanted to point out was reference to the below statement from you early in the thread

Would it have mattered if the grounding bar (that runs through the coil) touched something?

The bar through the coil isn't an "earthing bar" as it isn't connected to anything. It is the core the windings are wrapped around to help get the step up in voltage required, however heat is a natural by-product of coil operation. During normal running that heat is dissipated through the mounting but if the coil is not secured it will very likely overheat which probably contributed to it's failure. (Just my opinion)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I need the WISDOM of the Old Timers but Young at Heart KZ750B 23 May 2022 14:13 #867604

• ShaneDude
  • ShaneDude's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 13
Ah thanks for this. Very useful

I need the WISDOM of the Old Timers but Young at Heart KZ750B 25 May 2022 15:50 #867685

• ShaneDude
  • ShaneDude's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 13
FYI you were totally right. One of my Uncle's mechanic friends tested the coil too and said the primary wire is shot. Probably happened when it was dangling from the frame from the crap job I did with zip ties. I have the new one and I will put it on. It will be done right!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wookie58