• Page:

TOPIC:

Looking for 1 - 1015 cylinder sleeve. (again) 27 Mar 2020 09:57 #821902

• z1kzonly
  • z1kzonly's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 512
In need of a stock OEM 1015cc, 70mm cylinder sleeve. I had help from a current member last year, sorry that I have forgot who? I did not find in search history? Bad bore is OK, as I need to bore it to 72mm, 1075cc. I got burned by the barn job guy with the copper RTV. As I bought a bunch of parts and a motorcycle from. And he don't even know? This guy barn jobbed a new set of wiseco's. One of the pistons, cir-clips let go with the bottom oil ring opening, right at the wrist pin bore?? Ruined the piston and bore! 2 vertical gouges in the bore. To ad insult to the bad! The Andrews 2X cams were all pitted from sitting?? Or he used them like this?? The numbskull turned $500 on eBay sales into 0$ dollars! At least I can buy 1 72mm piston and bore 1 cylinder to get a nice 1075cc, 10 1/2:1 block out of it for about $150 investment. Got to take the bad with the good?
He was naive about it?? He said it had a bent valve! Ya no compression from 2 gouges in the cylinder!
Some people should not touch tools! Luckily he had the next engine built at Paul Gast's shop (FBG) He had paperwork for $3,900.
I did find a diamond in the rough! There is a 73 Z1 only, (no shift pattern) sprocket cover that buffed up excellent. Plus the head is very nice, nothing broke or stripped.
I managed a few phone pics. Gee? Great time to blow $2000 grand on bikes & parts. Before all the chaos and mayhem in the new world! Nothing is selling on eBay, at least not for awhile! Just thought I'd share a story, as a lot of people are at home down to an idle!
Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Looking for 1 - 1015 cylinder sleeve. (again) 27 Mar 2020 10:09 #821903

• DoctoRot
  • Sustaining Member
  • Oh, the usual... I bowl, I drive around...
  • Thank you received: 664
I know APE has stock liners for days because they pull them out when people go big bore.

Looking for 1 - 1015 cylinder sleeve. (again) 27 Mar 2020 12:13 #821915

• M_a_t_t
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 41
That valve cover gasket is disgusting! I'm pretty sure if you use no gasket (I am not recommending this, just an observation) and just rtv you don't use that much.
83 KZ1100A (shaft)
17 Versys X 300 abs
81 kz650h1
81 kz750e2
90 Honda CBR600F (brother's)

Looking for 1 - 1015 cylinder sleeve. (again) 27 Mar 2020 16:49 #821948

• z1kzonly
  • z1kzonly's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 512
Ye, of course. I had nothing to do with this build! I bought it like this! He should be glad that he did not run longer. It would have burnt out the whole top end. There was RTV clogging the 2 oiling studs. Whatever? At least I have a complete short block to start with again!
Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

• Page: