Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

I have a 1976 KZ900A4 that has a Dyna S electronic ignition installed. 20 Nov 2018 17:11 #794047

• Kz9kido
  • Kz9kido's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
The ignition advancer, it's bolt and nut and #3 Dyna S magnetic rotor need replaced. I have the parts but need a cue as far as needing to know out of the two ways the rotor can be installed on the advancer which is correct. I know the wrong way of the two will cause damage.. some help here?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I have a 1976 KZ900A4 that has a Dyna S electronic ignition installed. 20 Nov 2018 18:44 #794049

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2599
If you install the rotor 180* off, it won't hurt anything it will just not run for SHT. Turn it around and it should run fine.
Steve

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

I have a 1976 KZ900A4 that has a Dyna S electronic ignition installed. 21 Nov 2018 04:41 #794062

• Patton
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 2098

Kz9kido wrote: ...Dyna S magnetic rotor...needing to know out of the two ways the rotor can be installed on the advancer which is correct....

With advancer 1-4 F mark aligned with the permanent case mark, the magnet embedded in the rotor should face the left-side pickup.

This is analogous to the points ignition where opening of the contacts triggers firing of the ignition coil.

Interruption of the grounding of the ignition coil is the event that causes the ignition coil to fire.
With points, opening of the points interrupts the grounding of the ignition coil which causes the ignition coil to fire.
With Dyna-S, the rotor's embedded magnet passing by the pickup interrupts the grounding of the ignition coil which causes the ignition coil to fire.

Good Fortune! :)
1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:

Last edit: by Patton.
  • Page: