Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Aliens in the Oil Gallerys? KZ1000C2 09 Jun 2006 14:43 #53233

• kzponcho
  • kzponcho's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Are oil galleries connected to the bottom of the camshaft cap bolt holes in a '79 KZ1000C2 police bike? I just drilled, tapped and installed two 9mm HeliCoils in each four of cap bolt holes. I checked out the bolt holes to see if there was a void that the tang could fall into, but didn't sense any until I flushed out with brake cleaner. The cleaner seemed to go somewhere. Let me know if I should pull the head and flush out before doing more damage.

Thanks!
Poncho

Post edited by: kzponcho, at: 2006/06/10 11:00

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Aliens in the Oil Gallerys? 09 Jun 2006 17:02 #53254

• 77KZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
what bike? (put it in your sig for further simplicity)
07 MDP Rookie of the Year
01 ZX-12R street/drag bike. 8.97 @155.7 pump gas, dot tires, no bars, no power adders. top speed in the 1/4: 161MPH

Aliens in the Oil Gallerys? 09 Jun 2006 17:53 #53260

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
On the 650 and 750 fours, along with the 750 twins, the oil goes to the main bearings and then up through an oil passage on the side of the cylinder block, then into the oil passage on the head and directly up to each bearing.
Not cam cap bolts.

This may not apply, since you have not stated what model you are talking about.

Moderator hat on

At the top of each tech forum the first thread is Tech Forum Rules . Rules on behavior, forum protocol, and helpful stuff like where to look on the site to get info. I tried to make it as helpful to new members as possible, and it's a really good idea to read it. It's the same post in each forum, so unless you find it a really fascinating read for some reason, you only need to read it once. :)

Rule number 8:

8) Put the model and year of your bike in your sig, or include that
info every time you post a question.

This is a pretty common mistake, so maybe others will happen to read this so we won't have to keep on guessing.

But thanks for reminding me to look at the rules again, they needed updating :D

Moderator hat off

Post edited by: steell, at: 2006/06/09 21:15
KD9JUR

Aliens in the Oil Gallerys? 10 Jun 2006 11:26 #53428

• hwms
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
steell wrote:

On the 650 and 750 fours, along with the 750 twins, the oil goes to the main bearings and then up through an oil passage on the side of the cylinder block, then into the oil passage on the head and directly up to each bearing.
Not cam cap bolts.

This may not apply, since you have not stated what model you are talking about.

Moderator hat on

At the top of each tech forum the first thread is Tech Forum Rules . Rules on behavior, forum protocol, and helpful stuff like where to look on the site to get info. I tried to make it as helpful to new members as possible, and it's a really good idea to read it. It's the same post in each forum, so unless you find it a really fascinating read for some reason, you only need to read it once. :)

Rule number 8:

8) Put the model and year of your bike in your sig, or include that
info every time you post a question.

This is a pretty common mistake, so maybe others will happen to read this so we won't have to keep on guessing.

But thanks for reminding me to look at the rules again, they needed updating :D

Moderator hat off

<br><br>Post edited by: steell, at: 2006/06/09 21:15

RE: KZPoncho-- Line 1--

• Page: