Post edited by: 2bskor, at: 2006/06/10 13:58

Post edited by: 2bskor, at: 2006/06/10 14:16
1979 KZ1000ST (Canadian) Electronic Ignition, 4 into 1 header,K&N air filter
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.

The Magical Mystery Bike !! 08 Jun 2006 21:08 #53102

• Pterosaur
  • Visitor
I swear, one of these days, Wired George is gonna log in, see the 753,879th iteration of this scenario, and be hauled off on a stretcher babbling, "I tried! *I really really tried*!"

So, in an effort to assauge WG's long-suffering pinkies, here's the WG Mantram:

1. Check valve clearances. Doing, saying, thinking, wishing, positing, hoping and/or praying for *anything* else before doing that on one of these motors is a waste of time.

2. Get rid of the hot plugs. It ain't a fix, it's a band-aid. If your motor ain't running right on the right plug, then it ain't running right. Time to fix whatever is wrong.

3. Spraying carb cleaner into carbs is *NOT* a carb cleaning, despite what the leering grues at Gumout might want you to believe.

4. Walking into a shop and hoping to get the Evelyn Wood Speed Mechanic's course in ten minutes or less is a fantasy at best, and there are those in that line of work that find it kind of insulting. Get the proper shop manual for your bike. It will have all the photos, diagrams and procedures for your machine.

The issues with your machine don't sound serious. A competent valve adjustment, a carb cleaning/insuring the carb holders are not leaking air and getting back to the right plugs should fix you up.

Do a search of the forums and articles on "Wired George". He's written on the topic with the patience of a saint. He also has his own web site devoted to the topic. Dive on in and rejoice - it's all there waiting for you...

www.wgcarbs.com/269767.html

Hope that helps....

Post edited by: Pterosaur, at: 2006/06/09 01:01

The Magical Mystery Bike !! 09 Jun 2006 03:11 #53133

• 2bskor
  • 2bskor's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Post edited by: 2bskor, at: 2006/06/10 13:58

Post edited by: 2bskor, at: 2006/06/10 14:18
Attachments:

The Magical Mystery Bike !! 09 Jun 2006 03:53 #53135

• Nevco48
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
Be nice, people.

Post edited by: Nevco48, at: 2006/06/10 14:56

The Magical Mystery Bike !! 09 Jun 2006 05:00 #53138

• kawsakiman
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
what an a$$! imo, that was useful info. it would seem he ripped into another member because he got info he didn't want to hear.maybe in the last week or so kawasaki came up with a magic potion you pour in your tank and all your problums go away..........
someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

The Magical Mystery Bike !! 09 Jun 2006 05:42 #53142

• ambergrismooon
  • User is blocked
It seems there IS a WORM in this apple. 2bscor? It seems a shame to direct any more time or effort your way since your reading skills are on par with you mechanical skills and your people skills. Now that I think of it there seems to be no skills attached to you. This site operates just fine without people like you in fact this world would operate soooooo much better without so many people like you. I can only take out so many.

BTW very clever gumout dis. Did you think that up all by yourself? Some how I think you are here just to instigate this kind of thing. 2bscor? Is that "to be scorned" with some clever letterplay?

Then you go ripping on VESPA! When did the rot take over your grey matter? By the sound of it any Vespa would smoke your black and sooty plugged grunge machine. I really don't think you're gonna get any help here. Not with that attitude anyway.

I'll give you the benefit of doubt, maybe you are having a bad day, maybe you just woke up with your head up your butt and that is not your usual posture, if thats the case, go away, grow up, re-read Pterosaurs post to you, do the math, do the work and come back when that boil on your ass gets lanced! Or DON'T! Your loss! We'll get along fine without you. Can you say the same? GO for it......

AND you do owe an apology to the member who was trying to help you....your move......

The Magical Mystery Bike !! 09 Jun 2006 05:49 #53143

• OKC_Kent
  • User
  • Thank you received: 20
2bskor,

pterosaur is just giving you the most basic place to start before you do any work on your bike. You might excuse his presentation, I'm sure it got a smile out of the long time members here, it is an oft repeated topic. It was not meant to be personal, you are new here, so welcome to the best KZ forum available. Hope you stick around.

If the valves are out of adjustment you can do all the work you want and it won't make a difference.

We want your KZ running right. It sounds like your problem is exactly where WE all started many miles ago.
Do a thorough tuneup first, do the valves, run the right plugs, then you may find yourself tearing down the carbs and following your manual to do this, and probably doing the WiredGeorge coil mod.

Patience will soon beget a sweet running KZ

Kent
Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles

The Magical Mystery Bike !! 09 Jun 2006 07:33 #53164

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
I am saddened that you were insulted by 2bskor for providing very very sound tech advice. Due to this individual's behavior, I am personally going to refrain from addressing his posts in the future unless he turns his attitude around.

As a moderator, I want to thank everyone for their restraint in not responding to 2bskor in kind and keeping this thread within the bounds of civility after 2bskor's unwarranted attack of Pterosaur. If the thread becomes negatively personal in nature, I will remove or lock it as it obviously didn't help 2bskor find the information he was looking for anyway.

Post edited by: wiredgeorge, at: 2006/06/09 10:38
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

The Magical Mystery Bike !! 09 Jun 2006 09:40 #53185

• Pterosaur
  • Visitor
Okay, hopefully I can pound a few nails into the coffin of this thread and put it to the dirt-nap it so richly deserves...

Doing a *Dub'ya* - i.e., popping open the "football*, digging up the _go_ codes and letting fly with thermonuclear death-breath never solves anything...

If I'd have responded, I probably would have hit Moose Jaw anyways, and I dig *The New Red Green Show* too much to do anything that drastic.

2B: There was nothing personal in the reply - my intent was never NOT*2B*, so to speak - it was a little late-night humor take on a thread we've seen before. My brand of humor runs with *rapier-like-wit* on a *butterknife-budget* at times, so I can see where someone might take it as close to the line...

WG: If I came anywhere close to your line, my sincere and public apologies.

Okay people - break it up - the show's over. In the (paraphrased) words of the immortal Rodney:

*We can all get back to getting along...*B)
Attachments:

The Magical Mystery Bike !! 10 Jun 2006 07:58 #53381

• 2bskor
  • User
SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANYONE...PTERSARUS BUT I DIDN'T ASK FOR YOUR OPINION OF WHAT I ALREADY DID...RIGHT OR WRONG BAND AID FIX OR NOT. I HOPE TO HEAR FROM PEOPLE THAT HAVE ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM LIKE MINE IF NOT SOME IDEAS WOULD BE FINE BUT NOT TO SHOOT EVERYTHING I ATTEMPTED DOWN. I LIKE YOU HAVE AN OLDER KAWASAKI AND EVERYONE HAS GOT TO START SOMEWHERE, SO DON'T BE SO CRITICAL. I HAD THE BIKE FOR THREE MONTHS I AM NOT A BIKE MECHANIC NOR ARE MANY OF THE POSTERS ON THIS BOARD I TAKE IT SO SUGGESTIONS ARE FINE BUT BE HELPFUL NOT CRITICAL.

AS FOR WIRED GEORGE YOUR POSTS SEEM TO BE HELPFUL. I HAVE NOT NOR WILL NEVER ASK FOR YOUR DIRECT INPUT, SO IF THERE IS A POST FROM ME IT REALLY DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU POST A REPLY OR NOT.

Post edited by: 2bskor, at: 2006/06/10 11:04

The Magical Mystery Bike !! 10 Jun 2006 07:59 #53382

• 2bskor
  • User
THANK YOU THIS IS THE WAY TO POST A REPLY VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY GOOD JOB:)

The Magical Mystery Bike !! 10 Jun 2006 08:01 #53383

• 2bskor
  • User
VESPA RULES
  • Page: