Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Z1/KZ 900 owners - Fuel Mileage Poll 13 Jun 2006 20:22 #54365

• 77KZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
IowaKZ wrote:

One other thing, and I know this sounds stupid, but my bike seems to run better with a full tank of gas (duh).

When I get around 85-90 miles on a tank, it starts to sputter and its harder to start. I also get this popping noise when it idles. I am wondering if it has something to do with the fuel system since it doesn't do that when full.

My guess is that you may have a bit of a loop in your gas line, or something is slightly restricting flow. when the tank is full, its gravity fed with more pressure (enough that the resriction doesnt do anything)than when its getting low on gas. maybe that pressure drop is causing a slight gas shortage(to the carbs) as you near the bottom of the tank...just my 2 cents

Post edited by: 77KZ650, at: 2006/06/13 23:25
07 MDP Rookie of the Year
01 ZX-12R street/drag bike. 8.97 @155.7 pump gas, dot tires, no bars, no power adders. top speed in the 1/4: 161MPH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Z1/KZ 900 owners - Fuel Mileage Poll 13 Jun 2006 21:39 #54388

• savedrider
  • savedrider's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • 1975 Z1-B 900
  • Thank you received: 1
77KZ650 wrote:

IowaKZ wrote:

One other thing, and I know this sounds stupid, but my bike seems to run better with a full tank of gas (duh).

When I get around 85-90 miles on a tank, it starts to sputter and its harder to start. I also get this popping noise when it idles. I am wondering if it has something to do with the fuel system since it doesn't do that when full.

My guess is that you may have a bit of a loop in your gas line, or something is slightly restricting flow. when the tank is full, its gravity fed with more pressure (enough that the resriction doesnt do anything)than when its getting low on gas. maybe that pressure drop is causing a slight gas shortage(to the carbs) as you near the bottom of the tank...just my 2 cents<br><br>Post edited by: 77KZ650, at: 2006/06/13 23:25

I think that's a pretty good theory. I experience a slight difference too between full and almost empty tank.
Get right or get left! <*{{{><

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.