TOPIC:

CUSTOM PARTS MADE BY YOU! (must look) 13 Jan 2007 12:31 #105422

• steveo_4192003
  • steveo_4192003's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • 77kz650b-1
  • Thank you received: 1
im sure someone already know but i want to say it agian,
i found this program and its very awsome! i wanted to desing a few of my own parts for my 77 kz650 b-1, and found www.emachineshop.com/
you can use any type of steel , aluminum, plastic ect... and even diffenrt grades also. t6061 alum, 420 stainless ect...
i downloaded their software just to see whats its all about, and much to my surprise it was adware, spyware ,and virus free! (good business sense)
i messed with it and made a few little parts and viwed them in 3-d to see how they looked. i was very impressed
if you dont know how to use it, they give you a step-by-step on how to use all there features.(you can use it in ten minutes or so)
the best part is that once you are done you can get a instant quote on how much the desing will cost you!
there is a tool set up fee of $150 and then the price of your desing added to that. the more complicated the more money.

i am in no way affiliated with this company just to let you all know! i found it browsing for cad programs.
i just had to share this great find and maybe we can get enough people together to get some cool custom parts made for our bikes

HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THIS COMPANY OR USED IT??
p.s i have not used this service yet and im still evaluating it!
if you download it and try it let us know your opinion
on this program
1977 kz650b-1, 4-2exhaust systetm, pod filters ,jetted 112 main, 17.5 pilot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

CUSTOM PARTS MADE BY YOU! (must look) 13 Jan 2007 13:15 #105431

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
There is also a site where you can post your own designs up for bid by machine shops.

I don't have a link though :)
KD9JUR

CUSTOM PARTS MADE BY YOU! (must look) 14 Jan 2007 07:02 #105545

• larrycavan
  • Visitor
Thanks for that link! Great Find!

CUSTOM PARTS MADE BY YOU! (must look) 14 Jan 2007 08:45 #105557

• kawtoy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
I downloaded the program a few years ago when I was doing my front and rear end conversion. I needed a few things made like spacers chain adjuster plates. I tried to use the aluminum adjuster plat that came with the FZR swingarm but the first time I hit the throttle it shattered both plates. I needed some made of thick steel. The prices were very high. If you were having 100's made and selling them then it might not be too bad. $150 set up plus $120 for the plates seemed high to me. I had some made locally for $50
Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

CUSTOM PARTS MADE BY YOU! (must look) 14 Jan 2007 09:33 #105563

• pyxen
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
I think the big benefit to it is being able to mock it up in 3D, and being able to save it. Whether or not any local shops can use the designs once they're done in that program is another issue.

I know a guy who has used it to make BMX hubs, and they've turned out quite nicely. I think it took him a while though.

I'm trying to use it to mock up a new tail section, but I can't figure out how to make it hollow..for that reason alone its not really useful to me. Ah well...

Anyone know how to do that?
84 KZ550-F2 LTD
93 ZR550-B4

CUSTOM PARTS MADE BY YOU! (must look) 14 Jan 2007 11:38 #105582

• steveo_4192003
  • steveo_4192003's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • 77kz650b-1
  • Thank you received: 1
when your in 3-d mode their is a triangle, the second icon over from left side in 3-d window. hit that and it should go in to transparent mode!
1977 kz650b-1, 4-2exhaust systetm, pod filters ,jetted 112 main, 17.5 pilot
Attachments:

CUSTOM PARTS MADE BY YOU! (must look) 15 Jan 2007 17:06 #105918

• 77KZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
Ive been playing with the program all day. Its pretty cool, Ive been working on a random triple clamp to try and learn the different commands. I used AutoCAD Light before... wish I had it, I was better at it.
07 MDP Rookie of the Year
01 ZX-12R street/drag bike. 8.97 @155.7 pump gas, dot tires, no bars, no power adders. top speed in the 1/4: 161MPH

• Page: