Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Dutchz back on the road.... I'll try and stay on it this time! 21 Nov 2006 20:48 #93941

• dutchz
  • dutchz's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
Hey R4, it could have been much worse still. The most important thing is I didn't get damaged much myself. I noticed your sig... Now I've done a bit of riding-around-in-me-tshirt-im-not going-far once in a while, I am just really really happy I was wearing all my gear when I went down (helmet-jacket-boots-gloves). That literally saved my back. You won't catch me without a jacket anymore for sure.
1974 Kawasaki Z1
Stock front hub and rear axle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dutchz back on the road.... I'll try and stay on it this time! 21 Nov 2006 22:25 #93974

• wireman
  • Visitor
looks even better,welcome back to z-jungle:)

Dutchz back on the road.... I'll try and stay on it this time! 22 Nov 2006 12:11 #94080

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 376
Too bad about the mishap in Sept. I must have missed that.

Good thing you are OK. The bike is coming along nicely. B)
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

Dutchz back on the road.... I'll try and stay on it this time! 05 Dec 2006 22:13 #97747

• dutchz
  • User
Thanks guys, it's GREAT to be back on the road! This past weekend I went for my first longish ride in the mountains. I need to get my nerve back and there's only one way to do it... I rode out solo, through Jamul into the mountains on ole' 94. Nice twisties :woohoo: Took it nice n easy though concentrating on technique rather than trying to go fast. Halfway point was Barrets Junction Cafe, an easy 30 miles from home.

The bike feels awesome, the new setup with the 110/18 up front, 130/90 back, matching tires (Bridgestone Spitfires) and the KZ650 clamps has really transformed the bike. So much easier to tip in and so much smoother to ride. No stabilty problems to report at - ahum - higher speeds either :whistle: I'm still gonna mess around a little with how much I drop the forks in the clamps and may be adding a steering damper just for the hell of it...
1974 Kawasaki Z1
Attachments:

Dutchz back on the road.... I'll try and stay on it this time! 06 Dec 2006 01:30 #97764

• scumbag
  • User
  • Lewd, Screwed, and Tattooed
  • Thank you received: 5
been out there...gooooood road....I was on the VTR though...basically Mexico...ha

anyway good to hear it's runnin all nice and such...now you need to get some good pics of you riding it..haha
sept.1976 kz650
1980 kz650

Dutchz back on the road.... I'll try and stay on it this time! 07 Dec 2006 02:16 #97983

• WTF!
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Dutchz,

Man sorry to hear that you stacked the legend. Even all the way down at the bottom of the world we are wincing for ya...
Anyhow, I have been busy building the 'brother' ship to your bare bones cafe streaker. Just took the donk out of it and dropped it in my legal frame. Bloody thing pulls like a 15yr old schoolboy. Its going to go great in the cut down frame. I have ordered my steel and bought a mig welder, so the chopping and bracing starts soon.
Summer is here and the roads down here rock. Glad to hear you are OK and the bike is rolling again.

Later, Steve

Dutchz back on the road.... I'll try and stay on it this time! 07 Dec 2006 07:59 #98019

• dutchz
  • User
Hey Steve,
Long time no see. So you were just putting the 1150 lump in the blue bike's frame to test it, before you switch it back to the other frame? Since you're saying legal I take it you got the blue bike past the 'local licensing nazis'? Good to hear you're going full bore on that cafe. Let's see some pics!
Man, I heard about the riding in New Zealand. Fookin gorgeous from what I've read and seen. Someday I'll make it down there!
Cheers
Sander
1974 Kawasaki Z1

Dutchz back on the road.... I'll try and stay on it this time! 07 Dec 2006 13:29 #98098

• guitargeek
  • User
  • Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self absorbed.
  • Thank you received: 50
Damn, dude, I had no idea you'd wrecked! Glad to know you're okay and that you've gotten it back together and improved it even! Your bike is still my favorite on KZR!
1980 KZ750-H1 (slightly altered)
1987 KZ1000-P6 "Ponch"
1979 GS1000 "Dadzuki"

Dutchz back on the road.... I'll try and stay on it this time! 20 Sep 2007 11:29 #171779

• CruisingRam
  • User
  • Thank you received: 15
Like the fork brace- how does it do in the rain as a fender? Still keeps rocks from hitting you in the face?

Great bike BTW- very innovative!
1975 Z1 B 900- soon to be heavily modded
Pahoa, Hawaii is my new hom
I am working hard to save up the shipping money to get my shop opened here in Hawaii
I hate electrical stuff.

Dutchz back on the road.... I'll try and stay on it this time! 20 Sep 2007 15:30 #171832

• dutchz
  • User
It doesn't, but California doesn't see rain very often. Keeps rocks off the face unless you fall off the bike... :whistle:
1974 Kawasaki Z1