Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Newbie to the forum 76 900 16 Apr 2008 23:57 #207071

• brokeneck
  • brokeneck's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I've had this 1976 KZ900 (off and on)since 1990. My best friend gave it to me cause he bought a new Beemer and I didn't have a ride. It sat in the shop until last year when I got it going to give to another friend -- he rode it for a couple hundred miles and then bought a new VTX. I got it back and then gave it to my son who rode it to cruise downtown at college -- he just bought a new FZ1 -- so It's mine again. I have some extra cash so I thought I would turn it into a project bike. Looking to do kind of a rat cafe you know remove anything that adds weight flat bars, and make it look purposeful -- Has anyone used any of the generic fiberglas tails/ seats that are out there? Also it is missing the side covers -- I'd really like to clean out that area and remove or hide the battery. I've seen some KZs with this area open, how's it done? Lastly I wouldn't mind upgrading the swing arm -- is there an easy bolt up? Thanks for letting me ramble -- Bneck -- PS back in the day I had a 1977 1000 and a 1980 ZR1 -- so it's in my blood --

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Newbie to the forum 76 900 17 Apr 2008 08:26 #207103

• Beatpoet
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Most of us are trying to *find* a '76 kz900. You can't give yours away :laugh:

Newbie to the forum 76 900 17 Apr 2008 11:03 #207158

• PLUMMEN
  • User
  • Thank you received: 103
wwelcome to z-jungle!;) pictures,we need pictures the mods dont let us out much so we need all the pictures we can get
Still recovering,some days are better than others.

Newbie to the forum 76 900 17 Apr 2008 12:37 #207178

• Qdude
  • User
  • It is all good.
  • Thank you received: 1
Yes pics pics pics !!

Especially the before ones. I neglected to get any and now I regret it (Hell, I didn't have a camera when I started....) .

And welcome to the site.

P.S. I re-wired my 77, I would be happy to share what I learned.

Post often.

P.P.S. Let me know if I may buy your used signal lamps.
77 KZ 650 C1.
77 KZ 650 C1.
Crashed-Repaired, Pods, Kerker pipe, re-wired core bundle, lamp upgraded, homemade rectifier, solid state regulator , Dyna-s ignition, repainted, slightly modified, year-round commuter
Honda Metro 85 mpg Scooter. Dont laugh I will throw it at you

Last edit: by Qdude.
  • Page: