Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

I'm really doing it this time....... 27 Mar 2007 10:43 #123970

• GPz750KS
  • GPz750KS's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Finally started to rebuild my '82 KZ750R1. Its been 7 months finding and prepping for the rebuild. The bike is torn down to the engine and frame. I have a friend coming over to help get the engine out later. I have a lot of cleaning and powder coating to do. I got my sandblast cabinet and powdercoater to the Condo finally.

I'm still thinking of doing the Hydraulic clutch but for now will put it back together with the cable until American Classix can get back in stock on the conversion. I did upgrade to the Shindy brake lever and Stainless lines.
OK for some pics... Moderator please resize if I don't get them right.

Paint pics:

My next project just as soon as I get done with this one.

1979 GS1000S Wes Cooley Replica. 1 of 535 and I have 2 of them.

Richard Z.

Post edited by: GPz750KS, at: 2007/03/27 15:13

Post edited by: KZCSI, at: 2007/03/27 20:10

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I'm really doing it this time....... 27 Mar 2007 11:35 #123985

• Mcdroid
  • User
  • Gone Kwackers
  • Thank you received: 305
Well, all I can say, is that it is about time:woohoo: :woohoo: I need you to send me some extra time and energy so I can get off my fat ass and finish my R1:)
Michael
Alvin, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

I'm really doing it this time....... 28 Mar 2007 19:15 #124459

• GPz750KS
  • User
I fixed the crankcase that was damaged during the accident. A large piece of the lower case was missing around the ignition cover. The old cover was broke completely in half. This damage was caused by the Case Guard.... Wow, who would have guessed. Here is the pic before I fixed it.

Pictures after the repair. I used aluminum mesh along with JB Weld. I sanded area and painted the section to just see what it looked like.

I will eventually Paint the entire engine.
Here are some pics of the Powder coating and newly pressure washed frame. The frame goes out for blasting and coating. My equipment isn't large enough.

Also. I ran across an almost perfect set of KZ750R1 Complete. So I couldn't resist changing the Kawasaki Emblems to Kerker Emblems. It will be the OEM exhaust with Kerker Plates.. I didn't want to unbalance the look of the bike with a 4 into 1 so I thought this would be a nice touch.

More to come. I'm starting to really enjoy getting back to work on this.

Richard Z.

Post edited by: GPz750KS, at: 2007/03/28 22:35

Hey Richard,
Please go back and see how I edited your image tags. If you limit the size of your pics to 550 pixels wide it keeps the whole thread within the easily readable bounds.

Just a suggestion.
KZCSI

Post edited by: KZCSI, at: 2007/03/29 01:05

Corrected "sixe" to "size"! :woohoo:

Post edited by: N0NB, at: 2007/03/29 23:08

I'm really doing it this time....... 29 Mar 2007 09:33 #124618

• fatkow
  • User
Looking good if your having fun now just want tell it starts going back together you will giggle like a little school girl.....at lest I do that when it's the most rewording. B) ;)

I'm really doing it this time....... 31 Mar 2007 17:04 #125250

• Mark Wing
  • User
  • Thank you received: 22
Looking good so far. The paint work looks great. The motor fix came out good too.
Mark
Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.

I'm really doing it this time....... 05 Apr 2007 18:10 #126864

• GPz750KS
  • User
I made some progress today. Engine and frame are mated. Wiring harness, Coils, Frontend and Misc. got installed. I dropped the tank seat and sidecover to see what its going to look like. Tomorrow the rear suspension and taillight. Will finish the paint on the wheels this weekend. I'm still waiting on the primary sprocket and stainless braided brake lines and K&N Pods to get here.

It snowed here in Kansas today. Last monday it was 80 degrees. I would really like to be riding it by the end of next week.

As soon as I am done I will be selling off some of the extras including the OEM Airbox with side trim.

Richard Z.

I'm really doing it this time....... 05 Apr 2007 21:33 #126932

• wireman
  • Visitor
looking good!B)

I'm really doing it this time....... 06 Apr 2007 18:40 #127191

• GPz750KS
  • User
More progress tonight. Didn't get to the suspension but did some of the detail work. Got the Clip Ons Installed along with the new Shindy Brake Master Cylinder and Galfer brake Lines.

Richard Z.

I'm really doing it this time....... 10 Apr 2007 14:36 #128589

• GPz750KS
  • User
More progress pics. Gold stripe, wheels, exhaust, and some misc. stuff. I know how you guys like pics...

Notice: Galfer sent the rear brake line thats too short.
I should have just built my own.

I'm really doing it this time....... 10 Apr 2007 18:52 #128641

• kzwolfsr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
The bikes look really good man. I am young but lazy, got 2 bikes so I can take appart one of I wanted and ride the next. There is a story in this month's Motor Cyclist on your suzi 1000, made me feel like getting one too, but I am banned from getting anymore bikes.
1979 KZ SR650, stock candy persimmon red and crossover pipes
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H
Original man of the Caribbean

I'm really doing it this time....... 11 Apr 2007 09:18 #128799

• GPz750KS
  • User
kzwolfsr wrote:

The bikes look really good man. I am young but lazy, got 2 bikes so I can take appart one of I wanted and ride the next. There is a story in this month's Motor Cyclist on your suzi 1000, made me feel like getting one too, but I am banned from getting anymore bikes.

I hope the article helps the value of my GS1000S go up.
There is a Eddie Lawson on Ebay with one bid of $10,000.
The Wes Cooley may get ther some day.

Richard Z.

I'm really doing it this time....... 14 Apr 2007 05:04 #129944

• GPz750KS
  • User
The KYB Piggyback shocks from a 2002 ZRX showed up today. They are a little larger in diameter. I'm having to modify my steel chain guard to clear them. Galfer is finally getting the brake line I need to replace the short one they sent me. I got 2 of the 4 carbs bead blasted last night and will try yo finish the other 2 today. Might possibly get the reassembled tomorrow.

???? What should I do to protect the carbs from corrosion. They were black, but I want to keep them bare aluminum after blasting. What should I do to protect them. Clear coat them or just paint them silver??? OR should I just go back to black?

Richard Z.

• Page: