Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

heya fellas 04 Feb 2007 07:06 #110081

• cottoncandyninja
  • cottoncandyninja's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
howdy, ive been a member for some, but i never really introduced myself and then kinda fell off the site for a while. ive got myself a kz 750 ltd that needs some work. i bought it from some fella out in the country here in iowa. the clutch cable was snapped so i bought a new one and installed it myself. when i took off the cover for the clutch release i was amazed. apparently someone had taken it offroading and the chain oil had kept the mud moist. must of been at least a couple of pounds of earth caked on there. still havent gotten it all off. probably have to take each peice off and clean it. but im falling off subject. from iowa. only twenty years old. still learning. and willing to accept any advice you guys have. anyways, ive said my bit. now im off to go see what i can do to make my bone stocker faster. any tips? ciao for now. -luc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

heya fellas 04 Feb 2007 07:11 #110083

• wireman
  • Visitor
welcome to z-jungle,i got chased down to the river bottems on my 1st z1 by a cop when i was a kid one time:evil: layed it down in the weeds and came back later to pick it up!:P

heya fellas 04 Feb 2007 07:24 #110087

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
  • Thank you received: 29
Well, a belated welcome to you luc! :)

You'd be amazed at just how much road grime and grease can build up behind the chain cover during normal riding if it's not cleaned out often enough.

And you want it to go faster already, eh?
Sure, most modern sportbikes will beat it in stock form, but don't be fouled into thinking that your 20+ year old bike doesn't have a set of nads on it. Remember, it IS a KZ. ;)

Ok, enough of me lecturing you. :whistle:

The most common go fast goodies would be the following:
4-into-1 exhaust system (rejetting carbs required in most cases).
Pod fillters (again, something that usually requires rejetting).
Larger carbs.
Wiseco 810cc kit.
Decking (shaving) the cylinder head to bumpp up compression.
Porting and polishing the inatke ports (smoother fuel/air mixture flow into engine).
GPz750 cams - the exhaust cam lacks a mechanical tach gear however. So unless your bike originally came equipped with an electronic tach, you'll need to either block off that opening in the cylinder head and install that type of tach, or figure out a way to "graft" that gear onto the exhaust cam so you can run your mechanical tach.
WiredGeorges coil repowering modification (do a search on that subject for the 411 on it).
New ignition and Dyna or Accel performance coils (after 20+ years, the stock coils are likely anemic anyway).

Heck, even the old and tired suspension can be upgraded to a newer style set-up to inspire better handling.

It's all going to boil down to what YOU want to do with it, the amount of mechanical knowledge you (or whoever helps you) happen to have, and of course how thick your wallet is. :)

Post edited by: RetroRiceRocketRider, at: 2007/02/04 10:53
Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

heya fellas 04 Feb 2007 07:43 #110093

• Shoe48
  • User
  • Live each day as it is your last
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome ,,, ;) ;) :) :) :P :P

heya fellas 04 Feb 2007 08:10 #110103

• cottoncandyninja
  • cottoncandyninja's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
thanks for the warm reception! and thumbs up to you, RRRR for all the ideas. im sure ill be chipping a few off of that. maybe i should just save up for a 1000 not that i think about it...

heya fellas 04 Feb 2007 10:13 #110131

• neilage66
  • User
Welcome aboard.
Your 750 should be plenty fast for you to get into mucho trouble iffn you choose to. Of course, I'm twice your age and have slowed up just a tad. Older wiser? :silly:

heya fellas 04 Feb 2007 10:24 #110133

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
  • Thank you received: 29
neilage66 wrote:

Welcome aboard.
Your 750 should be plenty fast for you to get into mucho trouble iffn you choose to. Of course, I'm twice your age and have slowed up just a tad. Older wiser? :silly:

You'd think that, and actually it is an age related thing.

The older a person becomes (40+ like us), the faster time seems to fly by. So basically the perception of time and relative experiences become distorted.

So the 75mph we're accustomed to know as fast now, is equivalent to the 120mph+ when we were in our 20's! :ohmy: :pinch: :silly: :woohoo:

Post edited by: RetroRiceRocketRider, at: 2007/02/04 13:27
Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

heya fellas 04 Feb 2007 10:58 #110147

• kztee
  • User
  • TeeRoy
Hey, welcome aboard to a fellow Cedar Rapidian! I have a 80 750 Ltd and have never complained about the quickness of it. Although I am in the process of rebuilding my 1000 just in case I do need a little more speed!
1977 KZ 1000A - Currently rebuilding
1980 KZ 750 LTD - Mostly stock daily rider
1979 KZ 1000 LTD - Parts bike and/or future project
1979 KZ 1000 ST
1980 GS 750 L
2003 ZRX 1200 R

heya fellas 04 Feb 2007 11:56 #110157

• wireman
  • Visitor
RetroRiceRocketRider wrote:

neilage66 wrote:

Welcome aboard.

The older a person becomes (40+ like us), the faster time seems to fly by. So basically the perception of time and relative experiences become distorted.

So the 75mph we're accustomed to know as fast now, is equivalent to the 120mph+ when we were in our 20's! :ohmy: :pinch: :silly: :woohoo:<br><br>Post edited by: RetroRiceRocketRider, at: 2007/02/04 13:27

older,wiser?:S im getting older and faster!:woohoo: :P

heya fellas 04 Feb 2007 14:33 #110186

• neilage66
  • User
wireman wrote:

RetroRiceRocketRider wrote:

neilage66 wrote:

Welcome aboard.

So the 75mph we're accustomed to know as fast now, is equivalent to the 120mph+ when we were in our 20's! :ohmy: :pinch: :silly: :woohoo:<br><br>Post edited by: RetroRiceRocketRider, at: 2007/02/04 13:27

older,wiser?:S im getting older and faster!:woohoo: :P

Wifey says she likes it fast...how bout yours wiredOooOd? rimshot!!
:P
Attachments:

• Page: