Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New member, KZ750 CSR project 28 Jan 2007 08:31 #108739

• Shaolinwind
  • Shaolinwind's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I was lucky enough to stumble upon an 82 CSR 750.. It looks rough but runs great luckily enough, and I got it for only 300 bucks. It came with a topcase, hard bags, a full fairing, highway bar, all in hideous but functional condition.

So, I'm restoring this little honey and all its accessories to something far nicer than it was on the show-room floor, pics coming soon. I'm relatively new to working on bikes, but I have a restored KZ440 LTD under my belt and some skilled guidance.

I can find very little info online, few photos, in fact barely any mention at all. Are these bikes rare? Is there anything in particular I should have professional attention payed to before I deem it road worthy? It was sitting for several years before it came into my hands.

Any help I can get would be much appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New member, KZ750 CSR project 28 Jan 2007 08:55 #108741

• Shoe48
  • User
  • Live each day as it is your last
  • Thank you received: 5
Look in the gallery for Pictures there are a couple CSR 750 Twins in there , Not sure about being Rare though ? Everyone has their own touch so it is up to you as to what you want the bike to be and look like , as far as road worthy ... tires , Brakes , over all mechanical condition should be looked at , Lots of good info here , The members are great . A few good jokes too . Welcome aboard .. :)

Post edited by: Shoe48, at: 2007/01/28 11:57

New member, KZ750 CSR project 28 Jan 2007 09:23 #108747

• ronjones
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi, like shoe said, there are a couple of us that have the 750CSR. There are alot of very knowledgable people, and much info that can be applicable to the 750CSR, here. The 750CSR was only produced for '82, there is some bolt-on swapability between other models but I have had problems finding stuff. If you are going to be replacing the drive chain and sprockets you might want to consider going up one tooth on the drive sprocket, if you are going to be, primarily, street/hiway riding. It will give you a little better topend and won't take much, if anything, from the bottom.
Welcome
Ron
'82 KZ750 CSR, M1 twin. Mac 2-1 exhaust, K&N pods, 17tooth drive sprocket, Mikuni BS-34 carbs w/#47.5 pilot jet and #125 main jet, Canadian XS650 needlejetjet needle, Wired George's coil mod.
Barrak, Nancy and Harry says: Welcome to the United Soviet States of America, Comrades

New member, KZ750 CSR project 28 Jan 2007 15:17 #108804

• Shaolinwind
  • Shaolinwind's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
Thanks for the warm welcome, I'll be around!

New member, KZ750 CSR project 16 Feb 2007 13:17 #112940

• usguns
  • User
I am starting a project with the exact same bike. Unfortunately the one I purchased doesn't run just yet. It has been so cold the last 3 weeks that it is impossible to work on. My main project is trying to find a manual for this bike. Hopefully I might of finally found one. Good Luck

Mike

• Page: