Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Aldor Smart Plugs 09 Jul 2007 05:42 #155608

• The Milkman
  • User
  • Thank you received: 194
From reading your posts, especially this last one, it appears that you are resolved to find out if they really are the fixall that they claim to be. It also appears that no one, at least on this site has used tried them. Why don't you just buy a set and find out if they are as good as they claim that they are and let us know how they work?
Ride safe

OK, so that sounded a little harsh, but as stated earlier, it's a known fact that if you put a small air gap between the plug and wire it creates a better spark but also puts a stress on the ignition system. It's also simple to figure out how the plugs work. The "thermal disk" is eithr a soft metal or bimetal piece that expands and closes the air gap as the plug heats up. It may actually work, but we well never know without them being tested.

Post edited by: The Milkman, at: 2007/07/09 09:06
78 650-C2, Stock engine, Jardine 4-2 Exh., 17-38 sprockets, dyna ignition and coils, coil wiring mod, carb mod.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Aldor Smart Plugs 09 Jul 2007 07:08 #155623

• BSKZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 14
I would look to the racing industry, if someone has made a better plug that would fire a "hotter spark" and be less pron to foul and giving more horse power due to more efficiant burn, they would be in just about every form of racing no matter what the cost
77 kz650, owned for over 25 years
77 ltd1000, current rider
76 kz900, just waiting
73 z1,, gonna restore this one
piglet, leggero harley davidson
SR, Ride captian, S.E.Texas Patriot Guard Riders.. AKA KawaBob

Aldor Smart Plugs 09 Jul 2007 09:37 #155661

• Wild and KZ Guy
  • Wild and KZ Guy's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks to all who tried to help. Special thanks to Patton; good advice, gonna switch to solid wires!
To anyone who came on here with an attitude; it was really a very simple question; have you used them or not? If not, there was really no reason for your reply/opinion/advice/attitude.
A couple of Old School Minibikes
1980 LTD KZ650 E1

Aldor Smart Plugs 09 Jul 2007 10:40 #155672

• Virii
  • User
  • I like cheese
  • Thank you received: 1
Wild and KZ Guy wrote:

Thanks to all who tried to help. Special thanks to Patton; good advice, gonna switch to solid wires!
To anyone who came on here with an attitude; it was really a very simple question; have you used them or not? If not, there was really no reason for your reply/opinion/advice/attitude.

Sorry...
Tess: 1977 KZ650-C1. VM24, 97.5/15/3rd. Dyna-S. Stock exhaust, coil mod performed, BR7EIX.

Angel: 1982 GPz550. Stock. DR8EIX.

Aldor Smart Plugs 10 Jul 2007 05:54 #155885

• Snakebyte
  • User
Any marine shop will have solid core plug wire on a spool. Evinrude engines still use this plug wire. You con get the kit for $22 a wire, it comes with brass fittings, or buy it on a spool for .99 a foot and get the ends (for dyna coils) at a auto parts supplier.

I picked up 5 feet of solid core wire for $5.50:lol:

Aldor Smart Plugs 12 Jul 2007 04:43 #156311

• Wild and KZ Guy
  • User
But is it going to be ok to use solid copper wires with the DynaS ignition & coils?
1980 LTD KZ650 E1

Aldor Smart Plugs 12 Jul 2007 05:20 #156321

• Snakebyte
  • User
I dont see a problem with getting more amps to the plugs do you??:)

Aldor Smart Plugs 12 Jul 2007 05:25 #156324

• Wild and KZ Guy
  • User
The guy at the NAPA store(he's pretty knowledgeable) said the magnetic field created by the copper wires, may or may not affect the elec ignition...I emailed DynaS yesterday..waiting for their reply
1980 LTD KZ650 E1

Aldor Smart Plugs 12 Jul 2007 05:55 #156333

• Snakebyte
  • User
The guy at the NAPA store is reading too much:laugh: .
There are newer bikes with electronic ignitions and run solid core wires. Better yet the outboard boat engines have solid core wires WITHOUT the resistors on the end of the wire. The boats I'm talking about are old and brand new. They are in a tight spot with everything close to each other. Come to think of it whhat about the magntic feild aroud the cap and distributor or every wire under a dash board of cars and trucks, and lets not forget the biggest magnetic feild around the earth.:) So you see your guy at the parts store has to work on more things and stop selling things:blink: :pinch: :S :P :) . I am not flaming your parts guy I dont know him/her.
Attachments:

Aldor Smart Plugs 12 Jul 2007 08:38 #156381

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
It's not the magnetic field that's a problem, it's the electro-magnetic field that is the problem. Electro-magnetic radiation is radio noise. That is what disrupts some sensitive electronics.

Running solid wires with no resistor plugs or caps creates a lot of radio noise. It's clearly audible on a nearby radio. I would imagine most modern circuits are designed to reject RF interference, what with cell phones everywhere and all.

Aldor Smart Plugs 12 Jul 2007 08:44 #156383

• Virii
  • User
  • I like cheese
Have you considered wrapping everything on your bike in tin foil?

OOH! I had this idea the other night of converting a bike to run off discharge from a tesla coil! Wouldn't that be a cool sight???
Tess: 1977 KZ650-C1. VM24, 97.5/15/3rd. Dyna-S. Stock exhaust, coil mod performed, BR7EIX.

Angel: 1982 GPz550. Stock. DR8EIX.

Aldor Smart Plugs 12 Jul 2007 09:26 #156399

• Snakebyte
  • User
:blink: