Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Finally Fixed my off idle hesitation and stalling 28 Oct 2014 13:24 #652005

• jayrodoh
  • jayrodoh's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 27
Overhauled a ton on my 82 KZ750-4 a few months ago. Once back together, I could not get it to idle consistently, had a major hesitation off idle, ran poorly when cruising, and would die if you snapped the throttle. I could not set the idle mixture or sync either. I read many posts talking about the pilot circuit and ensuring it's clean. I had those carbs off and apart so many times I know that circuit like a proctologist knows a colon. I pulled them again over the weekend and noticed a slide was stuck. Man I was sure I cleaned those things. Pulled them out and there was a layer of something on them that appears to be affected by the carb cleaner. It was gooey and sticking the slides up.

Took a few hours of gently sanding up and down with carb cleaner and 800 grit followed by 2000 grit to remove it all but it made all the difference. No auto revving when idling, smooth idle, no hesitation, no off idle stumbling. I'm not sure if it was jsut build up, or the factory coating giving away but she's good to go now.

Figured I'd post this in case it helps someone else.
1982 KZ750-M1 CSR
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: JR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Finally Fixed my off idle hesitation and stalling 28 Oct 2014 13:43 #652011

• JR
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 436
That's very good information. Thanks for posting. Something for sure to check.
Once upon a time when i had pods I over oiled them and ended up with sticky purple choke butterflies. I may have had a residue on the slides... cant remember for sure though
1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

Last edit: by JR.

Finally Fixed my off idle hesitation and stalling 29 Oct 2014 05:12 #652062

• Tripleted
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
Use seafoam

• Page: