Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZR Relay Ride - Leg 4 (Rocky Mountain Leg) 06 Dec 2012 01:38 #561601

• Killman
  • User
  • Now with 99% more ducks
  • Thank you received: 12
Totally chill. My ride's in pieces again anyways :laugh:

I'm not crazy enough to try riding around on the Mainland in December.
1983 kz440 ltd
Quack

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZR Relay Ride - Leg 4 (Rocky Mountain Leg) 09 Mar 2013 22:52 #576264

• grantorinobro
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
Do you guys want the flag? Then go get it if your Kawi has the power.
1982 GPZ 550 piped and jetted, stupidly loud at 10k rpm
1982 GPZ 550 resurrection in progress, eta April 2014, stock form for discretionary quiet time
1991 ZX11 parted out, this one carried the flag 300+ miles, unfortunately wiring harness melted and parting out was the only option, she was great

KZR Relay Ride - Leg 4 (Rocky Mountain Leg) 04 Apr 2013 13:52 #580546

• TheFlyingFreemole
  • User
  • Thank you received: 8
Mountain West crew,

I will unfortunately be unable to take part in the relay. I was stoked :woohoo: and trying to wait patiently, but then life took me and moved me out to New York...

I was located in Missoula, MT and have taken myself off the map.

Hopefully everyone will have a fun and safe trip on their portion of the ride. If by the off chance I am back visiting in MT for the summer and the flag is around, I'll be sure to hollar.
1977 KZ1000 LTD B1 (needs minor fine tuning)

KZR Relay Ride - Leg 4 (Rocky Mountain Leg) 15 May 2013 19:21 #587580

• justinz830
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello Rocky Mountain Leg! The 3rd leg is coming to a close. It looks like I may be the last rider on leg 3. I'm hoping to get my bike back together in the next couple weeks, and should have the flag in my possession within a month. I will be in central KS, and I need directions between there and the 4th leg. Do I need to dip into NM and back up to CO? I can really only do weekend rides, but I have family in southwest KS, so I should be able to get close on a Friday night, and make a dash as far as I need to over a Saturday, and make it back by Sunday night hopefully. So, who's up? Link14? Is gravit8 back in NM? What's up?
1979 KZ650 B3
1979 KZ1000 ST E1

KZR Relay Ride - Leg 4 (Rocky Mountain Leg) 27 Jun 2013 00:57 #594082

• justinz830
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey everybody! I'm scheduled to get the flag this Saturday the 29th. I would like to get this thing turned around and handed off as soon as possible. There is a chance I could be out of the country towards the end of July or first of August, so I'd really like to get rid of it before then. Is there anybody there?!
1979 KZ650 B3
1979 KZ1000 ST E1

KZR Relay Ride - Leg 4 (Rocky Mountain Leg) 27 Jun 2013 08:44 #594099

• KZJOE900
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 443

justinz830 wrote: Hey everybody! I'm scheduled to get the flag this Saturday the 29th. I would like to get this thing turned around and handed off as soon as possible. There is a chance I could be out of the country towards the end of July or first of August, so I'd really like to get rid of it before then. Is there anybody there?!

Ideally Link14 would be next. He's in Fort Collins, Co. Looks like he hasn't checked in since mid May. You might want to reach out to him now and send him a PM asking for contact information such as a cell number. If you two can hook it should be an easier path from then on. Got two riders posted in Wyoming and it can move to Montana from there. Kaw-a-holic is ready and waiting for it there, and dshelly may also be interested. Kaw-a-holic, I would send dshelly a PM now to see if he is still in. I think with any relay-er, when the flag comes within a month of getting to you, it behooves you to contact the next person and exchange telephone numbers way in advance. That way if they don't log in for awhile you will have a way to contact them. Hell, if you are certain which direction the flag will travel after you get it, may as well get the next person's contact information months in advance.
Current project 76 KZ900 (This was a Vetter model)
76 KZ900
81 XJ550H SECA (Current Project)
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD

Last edit: by KZJOE900.

KZR Relay Ride - Leg 4 (Rocky Mountain Leg) 05 Jul 2013 17:37 #595187

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
  • Thank you received: 178
HELP!!! Leg 4 Needs HELP in a BIG WAY!

SO, WHO IS WILLING TO STEP UP AND HELP GET THIS FLAG INTO LEG 4?

Can some or even one of you CO, WY, MT, NM, ID, or eastern N.W. Pac state KZ Riders come a little EAST?

Hey this is just one of the crazy midwestern guys looking to stir things up and get his hands on the Flag! We are looking to get this flag moving. I am willing to ride my KZ out to Omaha and lend Peter aka Goodcheapnfast a hand. JustinZ has run into a snag in KS. Nate is close enough to NE in KS we can do a hand off to him and if he is unable to break away yet from harvesting then I will bring the flag further west. I will come as far as the Continental Divide. How is that? Any of you willing to receive this flag from there? My soonest window of opportunity is beginning today and getting to the Rockies by Saturday/Sunday. I need to do the hand off and turn around by Sunday July 7th. If this does not work out then between the NE/KS contingent and myself we can make this happen during another weekend.

Come on and get in touch with myself or goodcheapnfast. We want to make this happen while the weather is good this summer. I sure would not want to get caught in a Donner Pass situation! LOL :ohmy: :lol:

My contact info: Forrest White Cell# 630-391-1787.
KZ RIDER RELAY FLAG CARRIER #55
1977 KZ650B Ready & Fit to Roll Anywhere!
1974 F7 175 -first bike and still own, full resto soon!
2002 ZRX1200R -Red the faster color
2011 Concours 14 -Now a Snarling Wolf in Sheep's Clothing!

Last edit: by Forrest.

KZR Relay Ride - Leg 4 (Rocky Mountain Leg) 09 Jul 2013 20:00 #595738

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
:silly: Here is a bump for this thread :side:

We have made contact with the CO Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club in Denver. Willing to help network but no takers yet. I am still willing to ride out and relay the flag from NE to the Rockies or further. Looking for someone to step up over the next coupld of weeks for a hand off anywhere from Denver to ????

My cell# is in my previous post. Let's get this relay going!

The following user(s) said Thank You: grantorinobro

KZR Relay Ride - Leg 4 (Rocky Mountain Leg) 12 Jul 2013 22:00 #596249

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
******************************Pinging Link14*******************************************

KZR Relay Ride - Leg 4 (Rocky Mountain Leg) 12 Jul 2013 22:07 #596250

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829
Last time I looked Link14 had volunteered to take the lead on the Leg 4 (Rocky Mountain Leg) (please correct me if I am wrong). If Link14 sees this posting please post a list of riders for Leg 4 (if you have it) so they can say if they're still in and, if so, what areas they can cover.
Thanks!
Ed
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

KZR Relay Ride - Leg 4 (Rocky Mountain Leg) 13 Jul 2013 18:55 #596327

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck

650ed wrote: Last time I looked Link14 had volunteered to take the lead on the Leg 4 (Rocky Mountain Leg) (please correct me if I am wrong). If Link14 sees this posting please post a list of riders for Leg 4 (if you have it) so they can say if they're still in and, if so, what areas they can cover.
Thanks!
Ed

YUP, That is why I pinged him. This can get frustrating if KZ Riders have volunteered for the relay but do not log onto the KZ Rider forum for weeks or months at a time and their time is here& now for their part. I suggest that everyone that has offered to relay the flag should have their contact info posted up with a main coordinator or on a master thread. Real Name, Phone, Address, and Email should be disclosed. This will help if someone is truly interested or not. This should have been done from the get go. It still can help for the remainder of the relay.

Last edit: by Forrest. Reason: Left the "go" out of "get go"

KZR Relay Ride - Leg 4 (Rocky Mountain Leg) 14 Jul 2013 15:39 #596460

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
Here is a link to the KZR Relay Ride - Leg 3. This will show that Leg 3 has virtually come to a close. We just need this Rocky Mountain Leg to take over now. How about it?!

www.kzrider.com/forum/13-bike-related/50...g-3?start=600#596459