Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZR Relay Ride - Leg 4 (Rocky Mountain Leg) 25 Jul 2012 13:03 #538515

• H2RICK
  • User
  • Is this a fun bike, or what!!!
  • Thank you received: 1
OK....the flag is FINALLY in Canada and looks to end up in Mississauga in the "near future",
as in sometime in the next week or two. :ohmy:
I am getting more and more concerned about timing for us Prairie guys. :unsure:
KZ650C2 Stock/mint. Goes by "Ace".
H2A Built from a genuine basket case. Yes,it's a hot rod.
GT550A Stock/mint. Pleasant stroker.
2006 Bandit 1200S for easy LD rapid transit
Various H2 projects in the wings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZR Relay Ride - Leg 4 (Rocky Mountain Leg) 25 Jul 2012 13:07 #538517

• kaw-a-holic
  • User
  • Thank you received: 248
Yep, this may need to be continued next summer for us Northwesterns
Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

KZR Relay Ride - Leg 4 (Rocky Mountain Leg) 25 Jul 2012 18:45 #538607

• KZJOE900
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 443

kaw-a-holic wrote: Yep, this may need to be continued next summer for us Northwesterns

+1 with the timeline. I would say the same for the Canadian prairies. I would think the Eastern U.S and Eastern Canada can be completed this year. I'm guessing Mid-October would be the most it can move this year, weather wise (at least in the north). But if Leg 3 (TX, LA, OK, KS, MO, NB, IA, IL, WI, MN, ND, SD) is running north to south, then the southern part Leg 4 may be able to continue at least to the end of October and early Novemeber, I would think.
Current project 76 KZ900 (This was a Vetter model)
76 KZ900
81 XJ550H SECA (Current Project)
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450

KZR Relay Ride - Leg 4 (Rocky Mountain Leg) 26 Jul 2012 16:40 #538792

• Link14
  • Link14's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
I was getting stressed out about it when the flag was in Virginia, but now I'd suggest we wait until Leg #2 gets about half way before we start trying to gather the troops. My biggest fear is that the flag's going to get to this area in November and I'll be the one holding things up, 'cause I'm not braving Wyoming anytime past October!

KZR Relay Ride - Leg 4 (Rocky Mountain Leg) 26 Jul 2012 17:37 #538806

• kaw-a-holic
  • User
  • Thank you received: 248

Link14 wrote: I was getting stressed out about it when the flag was in Virginia, but now I'd suggest we wait until Leg #2 gets about half way before we start trying to gather the troops. My biggest fear is that the flag's going to get to this area in November and I'll be the one holding things up, 'cause I'm not braving Wyoming anytime past October!

+1 link14 I am not Braving Montana then either. The weather here changes at the drop of a hat.
Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

KZR Relay Ride - Leg 4 (Rocky Mountain Leg) 31 Jul 2012 00:06 #539653

• H2RICK
  • User
  • Is this a fun bike, or what!!!

I would think the Eastern U.S and Eastern Canada can be completed this year.

Gee.....I would sure HOPE so...... :side: :silly: :whistle:.....I'm not getting any younger.... ;)
KZ650C2 Stock/mint. Goes by "Ace".
H2A Built from a genuine basket case. Yes,it's a hot rod.
GT550A Stock/mint. Pleasant stroker.
2006 Bandit 1200S for easy LD rapid transit
Various H2 projects in the wings.

Last edit: by H2RICK.

KZR Relay Ride - Leg 4 (Rocky Mountain Leg) 18 Aug 2012 18:04 #543299

• gravit8
  • User
Hey all, I may not be able to do the NM portion but then again at this rate who knows where I'll be when the time comes (!). I'm essentially putting down the roots back in Iowa but I've got family in Albuquerque so depending on the timing I'd still be willing to do that section. At this point it isn't very clear if the flag will even make it to Iowa before the weather starts to turn *sigh
I honestly don't know how fast I was going, officer; My speedo tops out at 85...

KZR Relay Ride - Leg 4 (Rocky Mountain Leg) 05 Dec 2012 10:56 #561459

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
  • Thank you received: 391
Any change in the plan to go up the front range into Canada?
It would be good to see it get back above the border, but where is it going, over to ?????
Hopefully it can get something planned out over the winter. Where it will go after Link 14 gets it, who will be his hand off?
We are already planning a Saw Tooth Mountain ride, up over into Montana next spring/ summer. I also have a weeks vacation in my pocket to use up riding next spring/ summer. Details of where the Flag will be, could be the difference in scheduling. Don't want to miss out. Also maybe it needs a Lift? ;)
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

KZR Relay Ride - Leg 4 (Rocky Mountain Leg) 05 Dec 2012 11:10 #561461

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
  • Thank you received: 391
Any change in the plan to go up the front range into Canada?
It would be good to see it get back above the border, but where is it going, over to ?????
Hopefully it can get something planned out over the winter. Where it will go after Link 14 gets it, who will be his hand off?
We are already planning a Saw Tooth Mountain ride, up over into Montana next spring/ summer. I also have a weeks vacation in my pocket to use up riding next spring/ summer. Details of where the Flag will be, could be the difference in scheduling. Don't want to miss out. Also maybe it needs a Lift? ;)

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...
Attachments:

Last edit: by Motor Head.

KZR Relay Ride - Leg 4 (Rocky Mountain Leg) 05 Dec 2012 21:34 #561541

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
  • Thank you received: 52

Motor Head wrote: Any change in the plan to go up the front range into Canada?

Right now my plan is to get the flag to Chicago hopefully this weekend. After that ther are 4 riders in WI to hit up. Then the Minneapolis area. That will probably wait til spring but we could get lucky and have a mild winter up here. Then a big hole needs to be filled in the Dakotas. I'll make that ride on my '91 Voyager. I'll pick up the flag in Minnesota and hit Thunder Bay Ontario if the weather cooperates and then west to Nodak and Sodak, then south to Iowa where several riders await. I'll drop the flag off there, maybe to crappie huntr if he's not fishing. Then it goes west and south thru NE, KS and into CO to Link14. That would be the end of the 3rd leg.

Looking at the map it looks like a circular route thru CO south and west thru NM AZ into southern CA then north to the PNW mull around a bit there then back east and south toward Link14 would work. Make him the anchor. Going south first in the spring will give the snows in the northern mountains plenty of time to melt. There should be plenty of nice places in the mountains of CO for a wind down party. A stop in the four corners area would be cool.

All this is just a suggested route to keep distances between riders as short as possible. It's your show so plan it as you like. The Canadians have to be included somewhere in there too.

Start collecting e-mails and phone #s now. People sometimes don't log in for a long time and you can't reach them with PMs when you need to.

Good luck,
Tom
'78 KZ1000B2 LTD stock + Vetter Fairing & luggage
'91 ZG1200B5 Voyager XII, stock

Last edit: by TomW.

KZR Relay Ride - Leg 4 (Rocky Mountain Leg) 05 Dec 2012 21:44 #561542

• Killman
  • User
  • Now with 99% more ducks
  • Thank you received: 12
Wuzzat? Somebody mention Canadians and the Pacific Northwest? :blink:
1983 kz440 ltd
Quack

KZR Relay Ride - Leg 4 (Rocky Mountain Leg) 06 Dec 2012 01:07 #561592

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
  • Thank you received: 52

Killman wrote: Wuzzat? Somebody mention Canadians and the Pacific Northwest? :blink:

Yes it was mentioned and the flag will get there. Be patient and stay tuned to these threads. Are you on the map?
'78 KZ1000B2 LTD stock + Vetter Fairing & luggage
'91 ZG1200B5 Voyager XII, stock