Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

93' KZT00P cafe' project 28 Mar 2011 01:15 #440889

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
  • Thank you received: 299

RLB454 wrote: I have a custom woodshop, we not only do fine woodworking, but also a lot of architectual concrete products (duplicating old precast pieces on buildings, etc., hence the mold making), and I also do a fair amount of metal work. Sort of an "all around" type shop.

woodshop eh? wanna make some wood kits for model A ford car and truck roof/body supports if i can get dimensions? B)
posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

93' KZT00P cafe' project 28 Mar 2011 22:24 #441115

• RLB454
  • RLB454's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4

wireman wrote:

RLB454 wrote: I have a custom woodshop, we not only do fine woodworking, but also a lot of architectual concrete products (duplicating old precast pieces on buildings, etc., hence the mold making), and I also do a fair amount of metal work. Sort of an "all around" type shop.

woodshop eh? wanna make some wood kits for model A ford car and truck roof/body supports if i can get dimensions? B)

Sure, send me a pm with what you need, maybe I can help ya out.

On a much more fun note than work, frame, swinger, fork lowers, and top clamp went to the powder coaters today. I also stripped the tank, and primed the seat over the weekend. Hopefully I can have this thing a rolling chasis and the body work painted in time for our big vintage motorcycle show in May.

:cheer:
74' RD350
79' RD400F
02' Aprilia Capo Nord
92' KZ1000 Police cafe "Snoopy"

93' KZT00P cafe' project 28 Mar 2011 22:33 #441118

• Stu Pidasole
  • User
  • if you aint mod'n, you aint rock'n!
  • Thank you received: 1

RLB454 wrote:

wireman wrote:

Sure, send me a pm with what you need, maybe I can help ya out.

On a much more fun note than work, frame, swinger, fork lowers, and top clamp went to the powder coaters today. I also stripped the tank, and primed the seat over the weekend. Hopefully I can have this thing a rolling chasis and the body work painted in time for our big vintage motorcycle show in May.

:cheer:

awesome, feels good to send out parts........Joe

93' KZT00P cafe' project 22 Apr 2011 21:02 #446371

• RLB454
  • User
So here is some pics I just snapped. Got my frame, swinger, fork lowers, and top clamp back from the powder coaters the other day. I also have got my bodywork primer (Transtar epoxy primer) and ready for paint. I am realy realy diggin this build so far, probably going to be my fav bike. I have also sat on it now that the seat and tank mounts are done, and let me tell ya, this thing is gonna be a comfortable fit for me. B) Enjoy:

74' RD350
79' RD400F
02' Aprilia Capo Nord

93' KZT00P cafe' project 01 Aug 2011 00:48 #466114

• RLB454
  • User
So progress has been very slow :( Every time I think I am going to be able to get that next part, a wrench gets thrown into my plans. So here it sets at this point. I trust I am not the only one who making this sort of snails pace progress with their projects? Forks installed, swinger installed, wheels and bodywork eady for paint.....gah! Oh well, maybe this fall it will have some color to it.

74' RD350
79' RD400F
02' Aprilia Capo Nord

93' KZT00P cafe' project 12 Nov 2011 14:34 #488190

• RLB454
  • User
I have finally made some progress! I have now painted most all of the goodies that need to have color, and I am more excited than ever for this project! The tank and seat I sprayed with DuPont chroma base, and the clear is Nasson. The wheels I used DuPont black satin Imron, and the motor covers are powder coated in a brownish/bronze color. Disregard the ugliness of the rear shocks, I will probably be using Redwing Hammer Heads, or if I win the lottery, Ohlins or Race Tech piggybacks. Also tearing the motor down (havent split the case yet to have a look), a lot of carbon build up, and when I drained the oil, I got a gallon and a half of fuel/oil mix...hmmmmmmmm. Welp, here are some pics as of this morning, enjoy!

The top end off:

Masking the stripes:

Ready for some clear:

Ooh baby!:

Clip ons from SES Racing out of the U.K. I hope to purchase a set of their rear sets when the time comes, they are fantastic quality:

Bodywork on:

Wheels, and motor covers to give the general idea of the finished look:

Inner rear fender and electronic mounting plate. The electro's will be mounted and tucked up nicely hidden under the seat for that minimalistic look:

Well, thats the latest. Finances have really slowed down the process, but I am in no hurry and this bike is going to be worth every minute of the build stage. I also have a Vucan front fender primed and ready to paint, but I think I want something smaller as the Vulcan fender is pretty big, and really is not fitting the look of the bike, any ideas?
74' RD350
79' RD400F
02' Aprilia Capo Nord

93' KZT00P cafe' project 10 Mar 2012 21:49 #508951

• RLB454
  • User
Really, I am making a little progress with this project.....I got the side stand mounted :lol: I am really anxious to ride this thing! Not a day goes by that I dont head into the garage just to look at it. I just painted the headlight bucket today, and ordered up mounting brackets for it as well. A slow project, but I am just considering it like a fine wine, and it muss'nt be rushed! he he

Mounted up the necessary electros too:

74' RD350
79' RD400F
02' Aprilia Capo Nord

93' KZT00P cafe' project 10 Mar 2012 23:36 #508966

• nobody
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
cafe :huh: just not my cup of tea .not say en any thing bad,this is a cool build!!!!! coooooooooooooooooooooooool.vary nice. no vary vary vary vary vary nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

93' KZ1000 Police cafe' project 11 Mar 2012 00:03 #508970

• Zedone
  • User
  • Thank you received: 14
:woohoo: Well done! Your fab skills are right up there. B) Doug
1977 KZ1000A1
1977 KZ1000A1 (Superbike Project)
1969 Chevrolet C/10 Short Fleet

93' KZ1000 Police cafe' project 11 Mar 2012 00:51 #508972

• MFolks
  • User
  • Thank you received: 540
Fuse And Fuse Holder Designations

1. The older Kawasaki’s use a glass tubed fuse with the designation of AGX 1” long. Most good auto parts stores can get them for you. They are ¼” in diameter.

2. The more common AGC is 1 ¼” long and may not fit the smaller fuse clips. Again, ¼” in diameter.

3. To clean and polish the fuse clips, I use a cotton swab(Q- Tip) and some Brasso metal cleaner or Turtle Wax Chrome Polish. I suppose any good metal polish would work.

4. These fuses can fail internally but look good, only by using a multimeter to check for voltage going through the fuse, or when the fuse is removed for physical inspection for tight end caps & continuity checks,can it be determined if it’s serviceable.

5. Most modern motorcycles are now using the automobile “Blade” style fuse with the designation of ATC or ATO.

6. The reduced sized “Mini” Blade style fuse holder uses the ATM size of fuses.

7. If the fuse and fuse holder overheat, it could soften or anneal the grip of the clip, it might require squeezing the clip to restore the tightness.

8. A list of where to purchase “Blade” style fuses and holders:

www.waytekwire.com order.waytekwire.com/productdetail2/M50/...20%20%20%208%20FUSE/

www.rallylights.com www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=765

www.delcity.net/store/6!way-fuse-blocks/p_10822.a_1

www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Product...ers/fuseholders.html

www.autowiringsolutions.com/item.php?item_id=251&category_id=89 (ATO/ATC Fuse Holder)

9. A source for the glass tubed AGX fuses:
www.boatownerswarehouse.com/browse.cfm/2,4986.html

www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Result.aspx?N...&D=AGX&Dk=1&Dp=3&N=0
1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)

93' KZ1000 Police cafe' project 10 Jul 2012 20:44 #535136

• RLB454
  • User
A few progress pics:

Gold stripes done and final clear on the bodywork, Repro police decals, 1" bulk seat foam from Airtech (real easy to shape), tires, and a few other bits:

Using my dishwasher properly:

Bottom end complete and back in its permanent home:

Some cool tid bits on the bars; Motion Pro Revolver throttle, Yamaha R6 switchgears, and a very cool key ring:

I was getting ready to rebuild the top end, and then had car issues so I had to use my KZ project fund, so it will have to wait for a while :(
74' RD350
79' RD400F
02' Aprilia Capo Nord

Last edit: by RLB454.

93' KZ1000 Police cafe' project 10 Jul 2012 21:04 #535141

• kzz1king
  • User
  • Thank you received: 52
You do nice work. I have tore down a fair amount of bike motors and cant recall one that carboned up. How many miles on it?
Wayne
74 Z1 1075, 29 smoothbores, owned and ridden since 1976
Home built KZ1000 turbo setup

www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/532476...s-budget-turbo-build

www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/532489-74-z-makeover