Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

You Want Cheaper Gas, You're Getting It. 25 May 2022 17:17 #867686

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1863

A valid point is cheapened by a political slant. 
Steve
No administration is directly responsible for the price of gas. But when you have no clue about supply side economics and put your thumb on the wrong side of the scale it will have direct affect on price. The real scary part of this is we have depleted a significant amount of our SPR. That creates a national security risk. Just the fact that it was done thinking it would lower the price at the pump is a clear sign they are clueless. 
1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slmjim+Z1BEBE, SWest, Dragbike_Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

You Want Cheaper Gas, You're Getting It. 25 May 2022 17:21 #867687

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2629
It's been said it was sold to other countries. If that's true it's more than stupidity.
Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: daveo

You Want Cheaper Gas, You're Getting It. 25 May 2022 18:32 #867689

• Street Fighter LTD
  • Away
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1972
In times of war   ( And we are in a war  ,like it or not, currently a proxy war  )  The normal way of doing  business goes out the window.
We help our allies to keep them fueled and supplied even out of our own pockets. 
But a smart government  gets ahead of the situations created by others by becoming proactive.
The wish to stop drilling  oil  at high  levels  is  suicide  . WE need to adjust our oil supply and food crop production  based on the needs of now and the near future. 
I do know in the long term we need to do better for our planet  and our children , but it wont  matter if we allow free nations to be destroyed 
and  the world to keep circling the drain  as madmen  threaten  our  way of life.. Strong actions are needed now. Not after the mid term elections to protect votes
A smart strong leader  should  lead  and make the hard decisions  to get costs and inflation under control.  FDR did it in WW2...
That's all for now before I loose control of my keyboard and offend  members
 Memorial Day is around the corner  so Please remember our veterans  and our fallen 
If you can read this  Thank a teacher
If you can read this in english  Thank a American soldier
Respect to all my friends 
Dave

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn
The following user(s) said Thank You: slmjim+Z1BEBE, daveo, SWest, Mikaw, Dragbike_Mike, Shankkole

You Want Cheaper Gas, You're Getting It. 25 May 2022 18:56 #867691

• daveo
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 636

It's been said it was sold to other countries. If that's true it's more than stupidity.
Steve
What is happening goes well beyond sinister.
1982 KZ1100-A2

The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest

You Want Cheaper Gas, You're Getting It. 27 May 2022 08:44 #867736

• Shankkole
  • User
  • Thank you received: 141
Let us all not forget.......One day this whole thing will be gone........No matter what we do about carbon.......We are on a speck of dust, whirling around and it will explode one day.If we want the specie to live we must become interplanetary!        
This world is a dead man walking, quit trying to tell me he can live forever.
We need to look WAY past this place, if you want a FUTURE FOR ALL!
Instead we will bicker about what we do not agree on, rather than what we do agree on.
Im for FREEDOM
Kings don't like freedom, there is no one to subjugate 
A SOLDIERS PACK IS LIGHTER THAN A SLAVES CHAINS!
HOORAH !     THIS MEMORIAL DAY FELLOW MARINES!
WE STILL STAND.....ALWAYS GUARDING........ALWAYS REMEMBERING !
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThatGPzGuy, riturbo, Street Fighter LTD, SWest, Dragbike_Mike

You Want Cheaper Gas, You're Getting It. 27 May 2022 10:16 #867745

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member

Let us all not forget.......One day this whole thing will be gone........No matter what we do about carbon.......We are on a speck of dust, whirling around and it will explode one day.If we want the specie to live we must become interplanetary!        
This world is a dead man walking, quit trying to tell me he can live forever.
We need to look WAY past this place, if you want a FUTURE FOR ALL!
Instead we will bicker about what we do not agree on, rather than what we do agree on.
Im for FREEDOM
Kings don't like freedom, there is no one to subjugate 
A SOLDIERS PACK IS LIGHTER THAN A SLAVES CHAINS!
HOORAH !     THIS MEMORIAL DAY FELLOW MARINES!
WE STILL STAND.....ALWAYS GUARDING........ALWAYS REMEMBERING !
Thank you for bringing us back to the Memorial reason. I agree that we are a speck of dust and in a millisecond time frame. I’m not against an “all of the above strategy” to help. What you bring light to makes it more selfish of government to make us suffer through their social experiments under the guys that we only have 10 years to live and if we don’t change now the end is eminent. Truth is the earth is over 4B years old and has been consistently in flux, and is estimated to survive an additional 7+ billion years. It’s truly naïve for the government to feel they can control this planet. And we all suffer from those ideologies. It doesn’t mean that I believe we throw caution to the wind and live in a society portrayed through the mad max movies that we are all very acquainted with. But it should mean that the government that is trying to control us should actually think things through and ask themselves and investigate a very simple phrase that they all seem to forget. That phrase is “what if”. That goes both ways, what if this turns out wrong or what if this turns out correct. They throw spaghetti against the wall hoping for the outcome they desire, and metaphorically the citizens are the wall. Just take the time to ask “what if”. We live in a condition where the few vocal control the silent majority. We are silent because we just want to live our lives in peace without all this garbage. It will come to a point where they will wake the sleeping silent majority and I know I will be, or have been on the right side of history.

Remember all who fought, suffered, and died for our republic. Never forget they are the reason, respect, honor and cherish them, and the memories of those that gave all. Long live the flag and the republic it stands for. 
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Jimi Hendrix.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KZQ, slmjim+Z1BEBE, riturbo, Street Fighter LTD, SWest, Dragbike_Mike

Last edit: by Mikaw.

You Want Cheaper Gas, You're Getting It. 28 May 2022 06:16 #867782

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Walking Behind the Corn May Not Be All That!
  • Thank you received: 1278

We are being not so gently nudged into EVs. For the save the planet crowd, every rise in the price of gas is a celebration.

What's not being considered, because it's not considered 'Proper News', is the fact that world wide use of EVs will require the largest open pit mining operations in all of history to extract the metals needed for all those batteries.
Bill
www.KZ1300.com
Riders:
1968 BSA 441 Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 W3, 1976 KZ900, 1979 KZ750 Twin, 1979 KZ750 Twin Trike, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 2000 Valkyrie, 2009 Yamaha Roadliner S. 1983 GL 1100
Projects:
1985 ZN1300
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD, SWest, Mikaw, Wookie58

You Want Cheaper Gas, You're Getting It. 28 May 2022 06:36 #867787

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Plus the trillions it would cost to upgrade the grid with money we don't have. They know that and always have. It's about their agenda or NOTHING. 
Steve

You Want Cheaper Gas, You're Getting It. 28 May 2022 08:06 #867789

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member

We are being not so gently nudged into EVs. For the save the planet crowd, every rise in the price of gas is a celebration.

What's not being considered, because it's not considered 'Proper News', is the fact that world wide use of EVs will require the largest open pit mining operations in all of history to extract the metals needed for all those batteries.
Bill
Not only the devastation caused by those open pit mining sources. What about disposing of the batteries. Today it’s estimated that only 5% of batteries in EV’s on the Road today will be recycled that leaves the rest of them to either be stockpiled in storage which creates a huge potential for fire with the lithium ion batteries (ever tried to but out a burning lithium battery) or they are just tossed into a landfill, which doesn’t alleviate the potential fire hazard. Also the cost to replace the batteries, the battery packs will need to be replaced when they reach 80% efficiency. Currently that is estimated at around 100,000 miles of vehicle use. Estimated cost to replace those batteries can be up to $60,000. 
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Jimi Hendrix.

Last edit: by Mikaw.

You Want Cheaper Gas, You're Getting It. 28 May 2022 16:40 #867829

• 750 R1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 394

Bill
Not only the devastation caused by those open pit mining sources. What about disposing of the batteries. Today it’s estimated that only 5% of batteries in EV’s on the Road today will be recycled that leaves the rest of them to either be stockpiled in storage which creates a huge potential for fire with the lithium ion batteries (ever tried to but out a burning lithium battery) or they are just tossed into a landfill, which doesn’t alleviate the potential fire hazard. Also the cost to replace the batteries, the battery packs will need to be replaced when they reach 80% efficiency. Currently that is estimated at around 100,000 miles of vehicle use. Estimated cost to replace those batteries can be up to $60,000. 

That 5% figure is in the US, In Australia we recycle over 10% now and a huge industry is being set up to extract up to 90+% of all the metals, minerals in used lithium Batteries, it is a massive business opportunity,  although I highly doubt Lithium will remain the main source of battery tech for much longer.  Australia has the worlds largest deposits of Lithium and it's  High grade, I fail to see the difference between the huge open cut coal mines and the much smaller Lithium mines, not to mention the massive amounts of heavy metal pollution and methane escape from coal mining, burning. I'd also like to talk about the "Trillions" needed to upgrade the grid, smaller localised grids make far more sense using cleaner energy and local infrastructure,  they also help limit disruption in the case of blackouts, that's where we're headed here in Australia and it makes far more sense. I find it rather funny to see all the arguments against moving forward with cleaner energy considering the massive problems caused by burning coal, They include mercury, lead, cadmium, arsenic, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, particulates, and various other heavy metals.and even nuclear, disposing of waste with a half life of 10's of thousands of years or more. Look at the massive disaster that is the Centralia coal mine in Pennsylvania, and that's just one example, there's others like that all over the world, we have a few here in my home state , not anywhere near the level of Centralia though.  When it comes to this topic,  I rarely see reasonable/ rational discussion, its always worst case scenario's completely leaving out the problems with existing technologies, these arguments were similar to the ones used when the horse was being superseded by the automobile, look how far the car came in a very short amount of time..
The following user(s) said Thank You: ghostdive

You Want Cheaper Gas, You're Getting It. 28 May 2022 17:47 #867835

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
We have enough NG and oil to last 400+ years in the USA plus much cleaner air than in the 70's. We have more time to develop more solutions than are offered now without destroying our countries as they want to do now. No there's much more to it than just energy and they will be revealed soon.  
Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: daveo, Mikaw

You Want Cheaper Gas, You're Getting It. 28 May 2022 17:56 #867838

• daveo
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 636
Consider the countless millions of gasoline powered vehicles in use today, and the fact that a lot of people are just plain happy to have them...

I'm sorry, but it is completely unrealistic to assume that all those vehicles (among others like our beloved motorcycles and boats) can simply be willed out of existence either.
How on God's green earth would we ever be able to deal with the impractical implications of that?

Consider:

hedgescompany.com/automotive-market-rese...lists-and-marketing/
1982 KZ1100-A2

The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest

Last edit: by daveo.