Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

z1 choke levers 30 Jan 2024 19:41 #894656

• Cra-z1
  • Cra-z1's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 85
Im selling a few choke levers I reconditioned. I have 4 left which are on eBay also. I have them listed for $40 plus shipping and will give a $12 credit if you return your old one to me. They have been repaired, painted and have 3-4 layers of clear on them so they should hold up pretty well. Takes some time to do one. I will sell them here for $35.00 plus shipping if you interested with the offer to refund for your old one. Almost everyone I have seen have been damaged to some extent. I will be out of town from Saturday Feb 3rd to Wed Feb 7th so I will not be answering any questions during that period.

The following user(s) said Thank You: asphalt900

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Cra-z1.

z1 choke levers 31 Jan 2024 04:16 #894661

• asphalt900
  • User
  • Thank you received: 167
Good Morning CraZy! I'd noticed those a few days ago on ebay. I've got a couple with substantial missing black bit/pad. Is it more of the metal bracket You desire? Clever idea BTW! 

z1 choke levers 31 Jan 2024 05:10 #894663

• asphalt900
  • User
Those two rascals i have, i know they are pretty!
Attachments:

z1 choke levers 31 Jan 2024 07:32 #894674

• asphalt900
  • User
Perhaps something to consider if You're selling these levers, sell the whole assembly, for a quick transplant? Also have those lever plates replated before You do whatever You do to bring them back to former glory. Here's some re-zinced choke rods/lifters and the different examples of plunger lift bits. Might ask Ed(Ness) if he can do the replating?? That Honda nut/part number is equivalent to what Kawasaki offered for locking the choke to the rod. Also Honda has the same locking/cupped washer, same thing. Just a thinkin'. might help??
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: howardhb

z1 choke levers 31 Jan 2024 09:22 #894681

• Cra-z1
  • User
Those two in the first photo are pretty gone. Normally there are several cracks and the tip in front of the arrow breaks off and I can work with that. I dont replace the entire plastic part just repair the damage. Their was someone moulding those at on time I believe but have not seen them lately. Achim out of Germany was making the entire lever using stainless steel and molding a new plastic pad onto them but I believe he is not making them anymore. I may be able to work with the one missing the arrow but it would look like the one below. I had these laying around and could not throw them away so I started to experiment. Replacing the rod and components would be a bit beyond what I would want to do but it would be a good Idea. I would be interested in Zinc plating for other bit. Does Ness do plating?

z1 choke levers 01 Feb 2024 02:46 #894711

• asphalt900
  • User
Yup, mine are pretty messed-up but the metal part is still good. I know Ness does plating for carbs he does and they come out great! Normally these small parts are plated in a mesh barrel if you go commercial. Ed wouldn't be so "harsh" on them hammering each other with other stuff. Might ask him??

z1 choke levers 01 Feb 2024 11:11 #894720

• Cra-z1
  • User
I have had nut/bolts and a few choke rods barrel plated with no issues but there would bow a greater possibility of damage. The plater we used has stopped doing these small runs. If anyone out there has a good source for nuts/bolts please post.

z1 choke levers 02 Feb 2024 03:17 #894749

• asphalt900
  • User
I've been using Tripp Plating in Buffalo NY, Marty turned me on to the place a while ago. Marty and I just combined our stuff we needed done a few weeks ago. There is a 200 buck minimum so make it count and/or don't just send a few pieces, still will be 200bucks. I know there are more places out there but a lot of them don't mess with a few pounds of bits from a "hobbyist."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cra-z1

• Page: