• Page:

TOPIC:

Yesterday at Starved Rock 13 Sep 2021 08:05 #855212

• bluej58
  • bluej58's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
  • Thank you received: 511
Yesterday we discovered that there is a photography outfit taking pics at the Rock, very cool! I hope they do well.
www.ridetherockil.com/

78 KZ1000 A2A
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: loudhvx, BCScott

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by bluej58.

Yesterday at Starved Rock 13 Sep 2021 15:45 #855232

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
Looking good!
The following user(s) said Thank You: bluej58

Yesterday at Starved Rock 14 Sep 2021 17:43 #855271

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
Looking like I need to drop a few more pounds 

From a few weeks ago in Lacon IL , turns out it's a topples bar , no I have not seen the inside...

78 KZ1000 A2A
Attachments:

Yesterday at Starved Rock 14 Sep 2021 18:44 #855272

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1843
Nah. Its the shirt. Horizontal stripes not vertical… 
1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.

Last edit: by Mikaw.

Yesterday at Starved Rock 15 Sep 2021 02:54 #855279

• 750 R1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 394

From a few weeks ago in Lacon IL , turns out it's a topples bar , no I have not seen the inside...

Why Not  ?     

Yesterday at Starved Rock 29 Sep 2021 09:14 #855906

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
I'll have to try the stripe thing because solids aren't helping, 
We have a strip joint down the road from us that used to have good artist play at their outside venue but they stopped because the rock fans got too drunk and the country fans would drink before they came in.
They had  Blue Oyster Cult, Foghat with Lonesome Dave, DR Hook and David Allan Coe among many others, I really wanted to see D.A.C but at the time, my wife and her friend were renting the billboard across the street posting Jesus sayings so that place was/is off limits to me.

78 KZ1000 A2A
Attachments:

Yesterday at Starved Rock 04 Oct 2021 07:39 #856170

• KZB2 650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 265
Love it. Bet money we have passed each other before and not known it. Took 2 or 3 trips a year since 1981 and since I was a kid it was my fav ride. Was there every week end from maybe age 7 to 14 or so in the spring to fall. Dad and mom lived boating and I was always dragged along. Fri night to Sun night. (Till around 14 anyway). I was pretty sick of it by then and opted out almost always after that.

Bike has been put up for a couple years (health) but I did get to cruise it with my 2012 blue Mustang 9/26/21. (Its under sports cars). Went there in June but was on a Tue so didn't even know about the pics being taken. Anyway thanks for the post. Its been going on long enough I can't believe I've missed it but now that I think back we do almost always skip the weekends as of late.
1978 KZ650 b-2
700cc Wiseco kit 10 to 1.
1980 KZ750 cam, ape springs, stock clutch/ Barnett springs.
Vance and Hines Header w/ comp baffle and Ape pods, Dyna S and green coils, copper wires.
29MM smooth bores W/ 17.5 pilots, 0-6s and 117.5 main
16/42 gearing X ring chain and alum rear JT sprocket.

Yesterday at Starved Rock 10 Oct 2021 08:54 #856494

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
Yeah, we didn't know about it either because the bikes have been torn apart and we missed almost 2 years of riding.
Is this your car? Nice! I have always been a Ford guy 

Yesterday we headed out for the start of the Burgoo Festival in Utica via Starved Rock, this time we were ready for him.
It was a great day to ride and we hit a lot of our favorite haunts, Psycho Silo had a good crowd and a decent band was playing plus they have added a lot to the decor,
Today is rainy   

78 KZ1000 A2A
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: KZB2 650, 4chrisbnvds

Yesterday at Starved Rock 13 Oct 2021 04:14 #856576

• KZB2 650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 265
Thanks BlueJ that's my baby. 305 hp 6 with a few mods and a 6 speed auto............. Dyin to tell you about a story about the part of the river in the back ground of the stang. Might bring a smile to you next time you go by.

Back in the late 60s my dads (crazy) brother Don decided to get into boating after seeing my old mans boat so he went out and bought a new 17 foot with around a 90 hp or so motor. Forget exactly but I think my old man went out with him the 1st day and it was either later that first day or the second that Don thought maybe I'll take a little cruise and he ended back along that stretch of river. See those stumps that are along there (and shallow water). Well they were there back in the 60s too and Don being new to boating thought no problem I'll just go around em....... but was a little to slow. Hit one and went down. Worst part no insurance just bought it and didn't yet cover it !!!

Guess he Checked on some prices of getting it out and repaired and he just said hell with it and took the loss. Dad told me about that maybe 20 years ago on the way to the rock and I couldn't believe he didn't tell me about that before. I can just see me and a couple of my buddy's trying to get that thing pulled outta there when I was teen.

1978 KZ650 b-2
700cc Wiseco kit 10 to 1.
1980 KZ750 cam, ape springs, stock clutch/ Barnett springs.
Vance and Hines Header w/ comp baffle and Ape pods, Dyna S and green coils, copper wires.
29MM smooth bores W/ 17.5 pilots, 0-6s and 117.5 main
16/42 gearing X ring chain and alum rear JT sprocket.

Yesterday at Starved Rock 16 Oct 2021 10:57 #856719

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
That is a wide and mysterious section of the river.   The far side has a channel kept dredged  for barge traffic. The close side has a deep trench  that should hold fish and the middle has the marshes full of duck blinds and stumps, All around them is about 6-9 inches of water. I've been stuck in there myself with our jon boat  but all I had to do was get out and pull it off the sand bar like Humphry Bogart.
The boat is on my short list to get sea worthy and back in the water by spring. 
That close trench is something I want to explore but it is really hard to get to.

I was going though some old videos and came across one I forgot about, I haven't tried doing a youtube video in a long time, it has gotten much easier. 

Starved Rock Spring bike ride 2018 - YouTube
78 KZ1000 A2A
The following user(s) said Thank You: KZQ

Yesterday at Starved Rock 18 Oct 2021 21:47 #856795

• 4chrisbnvds
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
It looks like you had so much fun and so as the company that are on these photos. 

Yesterday at Starved Rock 13 Nov 2021 11:33 #857887

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
Last weekend I hooked up with Forrest ( Mad Duck ) from the forum and we went for a nice long ride, hitting the twisty river roads out to Psycho Silo where we planned on eating something, unfortunately they were already closed for the season ( their site said they were open)  as was the guy taking pictures at the Rock, oh well.
The ride was beautiful!  The trees were in full color and most were still holding on to their leaves so the roads were clear  and in great shape for carving.
Unfortunately the weather has since changed, it is now cold  rain mixed with snow, all the leaves have finally dropped so it appears that my season is over.
We still don't have a paved road yet and the gravel they put down really sticks to the bike when wet so I'm done.
The next time we go to Starved Rock it will hopefully be on snowshoes. 

a week later/today
78 KZ1000 A2A
Attachments:

• Page: