Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

gs1100 forks ? 14 Sep 2006 00:49 #76609

• 01busa
  • 01busa's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a question on what I was told was gs1100 forks. At the bottom of the forks by the front axel is a gold box on the front of the fork with a wire comming out at the top of it. After taking it off it looks like somthing to adjust the forks with? Can I just take these off and make a flat plate to cover it up or do the two holes with o-rings need to be open to each other? Meaning cut the wires and just leave them on there? Bike will be drag only so I dont need the adjustment. By the way the inside is rusted up pretty good (not the inside of the fork but in the top part of the box) so I am sure they dont work. Thanks for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

gs1100 forks ? 14 Sep 2006 05:16 #76624

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
Brake anti-dive system, you need to have that passage wide open so fluid can flow through or you will have massive compression damping.
KD9JUR

gs1100 forks ? 14 Sep 2006 05:20 #76625

• wireman
  • Visitor
i had an 82 gs1100 many years ago,yeah i know i will jump off the nearest bridge first chance i get!:P anyway it had anti-dive that was operated by using brake fluid from front calipers to stiffen front end which really killed braking power:S .i eliminated the line between the caliper and anti-dive and put thicker oil in forks to stiffen frontend.i wonder if your setup is some form of anti-dive frontend.;)

gs1100 forks ? 14 Sep 2006 05:24 #76627

• Duck
  • User
  • e vica na i sau na ga
  • Thank you received: 35
Might be worth scouting for some scanned gs1100 manual 'on da innernet'. Then you would know.

OR EASIER

Get over to thegsresoures.com forum andmaybe the gs portion of dragbikecom forums and post a photo with your questions

-Duck

gs1100 forks ? 14 Sep 2006 11:25 #76715

• 01busa
  • 01busa's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks guys for the help. :)

• Page: