TOPIC:

wireman's spindly frame pics 15 Sep 2006 22:11 #77108

• Dave Sloan
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
Hey rus, whats the ETA?
And whre is the chute going:woohoo:
Z650B2 - Injected

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

wireman's spindly frame pics 16 Sep 2006 08:33 #77158

• requiem
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
gosh, as a welder, i bow in admiration to your job - it's gorgeous.

I'm looking into building a naked streetfighter/buell lightning/ducati testastretta lookingish frame that would accept a VMAX motor that i could mod the shit out of... what think you? suggestions? wrong motor? I want it to have a tall tail, exaust from underneath the tailcone, naked, swaybacked, and have more power than a 69 camaro... haha... i know, i'm nuts...

wireman's spindly frame pics 16 Sep 2006 09:08 #77167

• wireman
  • Visitor
requiem wrote:

gosh, as a welder, i bow in admiration to your job - it's gorgeous.

I'm looking into building a naked streetfighter/buell lightning/ducati testastretta lookingish frame that would accept a VMAX motor that i could mod the shit out of... what think you? suggestions? wrong motor? I want it to have a tall tail, exaust from underneath the tailcone, naked, swaybacked, and have more power than a 69 camaro... haha... i know, i'm nuts...

oh god,i can see his head growing already he will want his own northwest douglas county hotrod Z's show,he will be paulie the tempermental artistic type and ill have to mikey the posting jackoff!:S :P

wireman's spindly frame pics 16 Sep 2006 09:15 #77170

• wireman
  • Visitor
solomrus wrote:

thanks dave.

yup, this is the one that is getting the FI, the turbo, and the N2O. 8^)

wire, finished the other side tonight. 8^) do you want to see if joe can get it done real quick, or do you want me to work on some other stuff for a while?

i like that... welder to the stars... bring on the stars!

--r

go ahead and work on the other bracing we talked about on rear of frame,as long as we are making progress we might as well keep on moving forward with it.ill have joe rake rake the frontend once we run out of other things to do.

wireman's spindly frame pics 16 Sep 2006 10:00 #77180

• solomrus
  • solomrus's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
eta, maybe next spring. hope to have something to tune before that. 8^)

requiem, thanks for the kind words. i say, if you have a vision, go for it. it's only limited by your imagination.

the only thing big about my head is my sinus headache. blech, the late summer always kills me.

ok, i'll do the other gussets, and do that fill work we talked about. i think i am going to do a doubling plate on the inside of the area where the swingarm mounts and rear engine mounts are. those might take a littl work, but i think they will help out quite a bit.

i just took some more pics of it. i'll post them later on today.

--r
198o kz1ooo Bravo Four