Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Start Relay 09 Jul 2018 08:16 #786667

• old_kaw
  • User
  • Thank you received: 269

gordone wrote: hehe
I should have made som comment to the photos sorry.... the old start relay was sticking up and the new is sticking out :)
The pol on the batteyr is stupid... they should have sticked up so I could mount the cabel shoes on top and not the side....
I have now ordered some new cabel shoes with correct size... the old was was number to big.

Plan:
1. new battery
2. new shoes, mounted like the old one, but will make a 90 degree angle on them.

After these I only have one issue left with the power (I know about.. ?? hehe).

And then some happy driving :)

Well, Gordon,..
you are doing better than most. Most can't seem to insert the pics into their postings, so that it is necessary to click on them separately, and they pop up over the text. (using a notebook PC) Although I must admit, it took me a few tries to figure out the attachment thing. And never mind my stellar spelling. because. chrome spell checks every word while it is saving all of your data so that it can be used anyplace and anytime in any way they want. Not really spying on you, just keeping tabs on you .. Okie dokie? :-)

You can also space out your pics and add in a (gasp!) DESCRIPTION as to what is going on in the said pic. It does take a little more time to make a totally coherent post, but after you do it a few times, it becomes second nature.

NOW.. lets get to this "shoe" thing you mentioned. It is called a "fitting" ,in this area of the planet. I call them "wire ends" or the procedure is formally known as "terminating a wire" or cable. although I do realize you ferigners talk funny. :-)

* BUT< you really do need to position that B+ "shoe" away from any solid ground. Believe me, that is some "magic smoke" that you do NOT want to let out of the bottle. Potholes matter! lol

**ALSO another helpful hint: take a heat gun to those crimp fittings on your new fuse holder and whatever else, in order to finish shrinking it down. It doesn't collect near as much water into the connection and wiring if you finish the connection. Just a suggestion.
1981 Kawasaki Kz1000K1
Located in the Saint Louis, Missouri Area.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by old_kaw.
  • Page: