C'mon NHRA 08 Apr 2012 07:59 #514666

• LarryC
  • LarryC's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 309
Interview with George Bryce

You can't build a HD ProStock
Larry C.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

C'mon NHRA 08 Apr 2012 08:39 #514670

• Boostable
  • User
  • Thank you received: 13
Wow, very interesting. If he can't get it done then how is anyone else suppose to!!
~Jack

1982 KZ1000 J2 ~ Project (Street Fighter - Project Section)
1976 KZ900 - Daily Rider

C'mon NHRA 08 Apr 2012 12:12 #514699

• Mcdroid
  • User
  • Gone Kwackers
  • Thank you received: 304
As with just about everything else...it always comes down to money...NHRA is in bed with Harley Davidson.
Michael
Alvin, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

C'mon NHRA 08 Apr 2012 14:02 #514710

• Jeff.Saunders
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 181
Having done business with V&H for a number of years, they are one of the most unethical companies out there.

When we signed up to sell their pipes, we were forced to sign an agreement stating we could not sell their pipes for less than full retail. Their largest customer is the Lemans group - aka Part Unlimited. Parts Unlimited sells through Dennis Kirk. Dennis Kirk discounts V&H pipes well under retail price, but V&H will not do anything about it as Parts Unlimited is their top customer. We however are still required to sell at full price.

A few years ago, we ordered a number of pipes and waited and waited. It turns out the pipes were being made, but all of them were going to Parts Unlimited - even though we placed our order first.

I've written letters to V&H complaining - but they do not care.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

C'mon NHRA 08 Apr 2012 14:34 #514714

• ramtough_63
  • User
  • Thank you received: 132
Money controls the world it's truly a shame that contracts between mfg's and private companies are able to establish their own rules to create a monopoly to keep their dynasties alive.

The fear of being beaten on the field of competition by other innovative people/companies and the shift of power (money) is not how this sport was engineered
1978 KZ1000 A2
Thrown Together To Ride Til Winter
Facebook Page
Free Range Custom Art

1982/83 750R/GPZ
1984 Goldwing 1200 Interstate
1982 Yamahopper QT50
Previous
2 79 HD sporty XLH
02 HD FLSTS Heritage
60's HD Hummer
70's Honda 550 Four
70 Yamaha 100
and various enduros dirtbikes minibikes...

C'mon NHRA 10 Apr 2012 19:18 #515095

• LarryC
  • User

Jeff.Saunders wrote: Having done business with V&H for a number of years, they are one of the most unethical companies out there.

When we signed up to sell their pipes, we were forced to sign an agreement stating we could not sell their pipes for less than full retail. Their largest customer is the Lemans group - aka Part Unlimited. Parts Unlimited sells through Dennis Kirk. Dennis Kirk discounts V&H pipes well under retail price, but V&H will not do anything about it as Parts Unlimited is their top customer. We however are still required to sell at full price.

A few years ago, we ordered a number of pipes and waited and waited. It turns out the pipes were being made, but all of them were going to Parts Unlimited - even though we placed our order first.

I've written letters to V&H complaining - but they do not care.

PU and Denis Kirk.... That's another one of those deals that always ticked me off as a repair shop.
Larry C.

C'mon NHRA 09 May 2012 22:10 #521108

• gearheadmm
  • User
  • MUCH MORE BOOST..........I mean BRAVO
  • Thank you received: 11
I've met George. He's a cool guy. I worked on his SS Impala, see Car Craft March '97. I've also heard stores about Byron Hinds wearing wind breakers on 90 deg days so he could install weight plates back on the bike on the return road before weigh in. It doesn't surprise me they set up a monopoly with NHRA and Harley, Cheating Bastards. They should outlaw those f@cking billet wannabe Harleys anyway.
General Joeseph Dunford FOR PRESIDENT!!!
69.46.28.106/forum/11-projects/413221-80-kz-1000-st-recycled

C'mon NHRA 09 May 2012 22:24 #521112

• Kawickrice
  • User
  • After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF
  • Thank you received: 18
That is fupped duck. I usually root for the chicks on the Zuks anyways. I just can not root for the Harley's at the track
73 Kawasaki Z1
07 HD CVO Ultra Classic
82 Suzuki GS 1100
74 Yamaha RD 350 (My two stroke toy)
77 Kawasaki KZ 650B-1 (My putt around bike)
80 Indian Moped (My American Iron)
Long Gone
75 Suzuki GT550
74 GT 380
79 RD 400 Daytona Special
72 Honda CL 175
74 Honda QA 50
Tampa FL

C'mon NHRA 10 May 2012 08:20 #521188

• LarryC
  • User

gearheadmm wrote: I've met George. He's a cool guy. I worked on his SS Impala, see Car Craft March '97. I've also heard stores about Byron Hinds wearing wind breakers on 90 deg days so he could install weight plates back on the bike on the return road before weigh in. It doesn't surprise me they set up a monopoly with NHRA and Harley, Cheating Bastards. They should outlaw those f@cking billet wannabe Harleys anyway.

Bryce can run with them if the playing field is equalized. Unfortunately NHRA gives every appearance that just like in politics, we have traded the concept of election for the concept of auction.
Larry C.

C'mon NHRA 10 May 2012 13:03 #521240

• Mark Wing
  • User
  • Thank you received: 22
I think the NHRA is in bed with HD why else would they let them have such a HUGE advantage just in the size of the motor. Hell HD has 59 cubic inchs, 966 cc's over the inline fours.
Let's see them run heads up and the HD's wouldn't stand a chance.
Mark
Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.

C'mon NHRA 10 May 2012 21:22 #521337

• gearheadmm
  • User
  • MUCH MORE BOOST..........I mean BRAVO
  • Thank you received: 11

LarryC wrote:

gearheadmm wrote: I've met George. He's a cool guy. I worked on his SS Impala, see Car Craft March '97. I've also heard stores about Byron Hinds wearing wind breakers on 90 deg days so he could install weight plates back on the bike on the return road before weigh in. It doesn't surprise me they set up a monopoly with NHRA and Harley, Cheating Bastards. They should outlaw those f@cking billet wannabe Harleys anyway.

Bryce can run with them if the playing field is equalized. Unfortunately NHRA gives every appearance that just like in politics, we have traded the concept of election for the concept of auction.

I saw his old rider, before Angele, run at a Prostar event. Steve Johnson? Politics and Egos SUCK!
General Joeseph Dunford FOR PRESIDENT!!!
69.46.28.106/forum/11-projects/413221-80-kz-1000-st-recycled

• Page: