Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Restored carbs: 900/1000 & 750/4 30 May 2022 05:08 #867897

• 73z1
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 103

Some guy from Australia wants to buy my VM's but is balking at the shipping cost.  USPS shows $160.  I apologized, but said I don't know any cheaper way.  Both FedEx and DHL are far more.  This conversation is taking place on eBay, which is frustrating because of their message system is not user-friendly.  I've provided him my email address and asked him to find me here, but he apparently doesn't want to communicate outside of ebay.  If he would, I'd give him a discount at least equal to the ebay fees..  Anyway, is there any cheaper way to ship these carbs to Australia?  He claims that he recently purchased a set and shipping was $60, via USPS First Rate.  I reviewed the rules and First Rate only applies to packages less than 4 lbs, so I don't understand how that's possible.

If you select global shipping program package goes to Erlanger Kentucky then to destination.
If you insure to Kentucky you are protected from loss.
If you ship usps to Australia, Germany, Europe usps only has package in usa then a foreign post office gets package.
If package is lost there is no insurance and buyer of seller loses money.
Ebay global shipping, Fedex,UPS is safe, usps outside usa is risky.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by 73z1.

Restored carbs: 900/1000 & 750/4 30 May 2022 06:00 #867900

• Nessism
  • Nessism's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2683

Some guy from Australia wants to buy my VM's but is balking at the shipping cost.  USPS shows $160.  I apologized, but said I don't know any cheaper way.  Both FedEx and DHL are far more.  This conversation is taking place on eBay, which is frustrating because of their message system is not user-friendly.  I've provided him my email address and asked him to find me here, but he apparently doesn't want to communicate outside of ebay.  If he would, I'd give him a discount at least equal to the ebay fees..  Anyway, is there any cheaper way to ship these carbs to Australia?  He claims that he recently purchased a set and shipping was $60, via USPS First Rate.  I reviewed the rules and First Rate only applies to packages less than 4 lbs, so I don't understand how that's possible.

If you select global shipping program package goes to Erlanger Kentucky then to destination.
If you insure to Kentucky you are protected from loss.
If you ship usps to Australia, Germany, Europe usps only has package in usa then a foreign post office gets package.
If package is lost there is no insurance and buyer of seller loses money.
Ebay global shipping, Fedex,UPS is safe, usps outside usa is risky.

I've shipped carbs globally using eBay's global shipping program several times before with success.  For some reason, this buyer didn't want to go that way.  I asked him to check pricing using that system but he never gave me any feedback regarding cost.

Interestingly, two different times I sold carbs into smaller countries in Europe only to have the package get hung up and blocked by the receiving country.  Maybe something to do with import restrictions.  In both cases, eBay took full responsibility; I kept the money and they kept the carbs.  The carbs then showed up back on ebay, being sold by a 3rd party.  Pitney Bowes maybe?  Anyway, it was weird seeing my carbs being sold, using my original description and photos.  Something isn't right about that. 

Restored carbs: 900/1000 & 750/4 31 May 2022 06:29 #867934

• Rick H.
  • User
  • Thank you received: 254
FleaBay has become increasingly difficult for me to work with lately.  I had my account blocked and could not login for several weeks.  Multiple phone calls to different "team members" were almost fruitless until I finally was connected to one guy names "Steph" who worked with me for over an hour to get back on line.  He never could tell me exactly why my account was locked though.  In all fairness FleaBay isn't the only buying and selling site that has become difficult to work with as of late so who knows.  May be it's just me in my old age.

Rick H.
Rick H.

1977 Kawasaki KZ-1000A1

Restored carbs: 900/1000 & 750/4 31 May 2022 17:31 #867960

• Nessism
  • Nessism's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2683
Shipped the carbs today, and the carrier was listed as "ebay international shipping."  I'm not sure if this is the same as the "global shipping program", but the carbs went to a freight forwarder just a few miles away from me.  Anyway, I'm glad they went this route since there will be some accountability for them now.

Regarding eBay, and their Draconian tactics, I've found this to be a necessary evil.  Frankly, I've never one time gotten any hint of an offer on the carbs I've offered for sale here, but on eBay the carbs sell for big money, and who am I to complain?  

Last edit: by Nessism.
  • Page: