Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

NOT Kawi...but need info 10 Dec 2006 03:08 #98633

• larrycavan
  • larrycavan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
This isn't Kawasaki related but I hope this doesn't get pounded into some corner and forgotten about...

Does anyone here have any experience with the clutch setup on these Honda 110 clone motors?

I bought my grandson a Sunl 110 ATV for Christmas. Can't beat the price and the key fob with remote engine start / kill and even an alarm system was really attractive...throw in the free helmet and color me SOLD.

Anyway....before it even gets ridden I'm going over it with a fine tooth comb to check out potential failure points. I've ripped out the rear axle carrier, replaced the bearings and added outboard seals to the assy, installed a better chain, etc. etc. etc.

I went to adjust the clutch...simple right?...NOT!
The adjuster screw spins in both directions with no resistance either way. So, off comes the clutch cover so I can have a look. The adjuster has nothing behind it except a small dowel and a spring that go in the end of the crank. The adjuster screw assy has an oil hole in it that can be lined up with an oil passage in the cover that appears to lead to a top end oil galley in the front of the engine case.

Turning the adjuster screw will only increase or decrease pressure on the dowel and spring assy. It appears to do nothing to the centrifugal clutch itself.

It appears to me that the cover may be used on multiple motors with different transmissions and probably different primary and secondary clutches.

There is no foot shifter on this quad.

Anyone...Anyone???:S

Post edited by: larrycavan, at: 2006/12/10 06:14
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NOT Kawi...but need info 10 Dec 2006 05:09 #98635

• Duck
  • User
  • e vica na i sau na ga
  • Thank you received: 35
larrycavan wrote:

...It appears to do nothing to the centrifugal clutch itself... <br><br>Post edited by: larrycavan, at: 2006/12/10 06:14

The only adjustments I've ever seen on centrifugal clutches require changing the weights and/or springs.
here are some minibike clutches
www.gokartgalaxy.com/clutches_keys.htm

You might have a look at Honda scoter/moped parts diagrams.
I found one stripped of body parts and abandoned whilw walking the dog yesterday morning and had a look at the driveline. The engine runs a belt drive to a variable ratio centrifugal clutch thast is concentirc with the rear axle.

-Duck

NOT Kawi...but need info 10 Dec 2006 05:31 #98640

• larrycavan
  • larrycavan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
I've searched all morning for some real data on the engine but can't find what I'm after.

The Honda 110's had different clutch setup. They were actually adjustable. Seems to me they had manual transmissions though. This particular one has no shifter.

Looking at the Kazuma models, their 110 motor uses an entirely different clutch setup. I mistakingly assumed they all used identical motors.

This one looks like the 90cc motor but it's claimed to be a 110...Who the hell knows with these things.

My main concern at this point is to find out if adjusting what looks like the clutch adjuster can in fact affect top end oiling....

The dealer I bought it from has not returned my calls....

NOT Kawi...but need info 10 Dec 2006 07:28 #98648

• Shoe48
  • User
  • Live each day as it is your last
  • Thank you received: 5
Most the china bikes are knock offs of Hondas ,, The one you have looks more like the Honda 90cc , If you look at a Honda ST90 with 3 speed automatic clucth it should be close to what you have even though you have a 110 .. Honda 110 was a dual range transmission with a high / low lever mounted on top of the transmission , You saw these on the Famous CT110 or CT90 or Trail 90/110 ,, the step through bibe with what looked like a canteen on the back but was really a extra gas tank ,,,, My St90 manual say ,, Adjustments of the clutch should be made while the engine is stopped , 2. Loosen the adjusting nut 3. Turn the Adjusting nut counterclockwise one turn 4. Slowly turn clockwise until resistance is felt 5. Then turn the adjuster screw counterclockwise 1/8-1/4 turn and tighten lock nut ... I still mess with Honda Minibikes and have two ST90 Minis ,, even go to a Big Minibike show in PA. over Fathers day weekend in Windber .. Hope this helps you out ,, Shoeman :)

• Page: