Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

stalling at 3500 R P M S 08 Oct 2006 20:10 #82712

• ehrynko
  • ehrynko's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
O K the coiles were not the problem although I did replace them. After a lot of trial and error I found the problem was the E 10 ethanol the bike won't run on it.Anyone else having this problem??? I had to go to another state to get gas without it to make the bike run. Now I need advice step by step instructions to tune the Mikuni VM26SS carbs they run but pop when warming up and sometimes during acceleration.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

stalling at 3500 R P M S 09 Oct 2006 05:26 #82777

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Sorry I couldn't have been more help with diagnosing the gas problem. I have never run into this problem as I don't think that stuff is sold anywhere I buy gas... Anyway, perhaps you could start a new thread for tuning the carbs in the carb section...
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

stalling at 3500 R P M S 09 Oct 2006 07:46 #82822

• Patton
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 2098
Has anyone suggested a possible float level problem? The floats look the same on the bench, but could be inadvertently switched when reassembling (don't ask how I know this) which might result in the fuel level being too high in one carb (flooding with misfire and leaking through the exhaust pipe) and too low in another (lean and popping). Easy to check without disassembly (rig a clear plastic tube from the float bowl drain screw). With new plugs, my 900 would run fine for a few miles before dropping a cylinder due the #1 plug getting so fouled and sooty. Finally cured by lowering the float bowl fuel level and also replacing the pilot air jets. One more thing and I'll shut up -- the 12 volt feed to my 1-4 left hand coil had a faulty internal wire (the insulation looked fine) which would randomly fail. Finally discovered this by checking continuity with an ohmeter while wiggling the wire around. And oh yes, I am quick to bow and pay homage to the truly professional Gods on this site and seek Their forgiveness for my amaturish ramblings.
1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
The following user(s) said Thank You: GPz550D1

• Page: