Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Had a leak, now wont go. 10 Sep 2006 09:01 #75629

• 750LTDRider
  • 750LTDRider's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Well its going but its not perfect yet. Still having a few issues. I think the valves need adjusting, since I have never checked them, need new intake boots, and possibly have a bad bearing. Have a little noise in the bottom end, and the bike was run for a while with the timing advancer stuck at max advance. So now I am bracing for a teardown. Would be my first on a bike, but have done several car engins so I think I can handle it. Just have a tight budget at the moment, so may take a while.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Had a leak, now wont go. 10 Sep 2006 09:55 #75638

• geerbangr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
750 sorry i did'nt get back to you sooner i lost track of the post,I have my front bevel drive apart rite now,i don't think the shafty likes what the engine is giving it,:woohoo: .Answer to your earlier question ,the collar that has the dust cap on the end of it has to be pressed out,both of my bearings on that shaft took a sh$t,the outer bearing on that shaft will slide out,yes you have to remove the nut from the end of the shaft,the inner bearing is a press fit,so you would need a bearing separator and a press to remove it,that leaves the 2 bearing races inside the collar,the outer race can be removed w/ a drift and a hammer,the inner race you need to be a magician to remove,i chucked the collar up in my vice and ran 2 small beads of weld on the race and removed it w/ a hook & pick,you being the mechanic should know that old trick,:) don't tell anyone we'll keep that one a secret,lol.Anymore questions on the bevel drive jus gimme a hollar i'll be glad to assist you however i can.
1978 KZ 1000

I go by Jason

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: