Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Oil changed and chain tightened; now clutch won't disengage 23 Jun 2019 18:30 #806336

• Rick H.
  • User
  • Thank you received: 254
Well that's all well and good, but not giving an "end" to a post is akin to reading a book and finding out the last chapter is missing, or watching a movie and just as the murderer is about to be announced the tape breaks. This seems to be much more prevalent than it once was and I think it is downright rude. If your take the time to post a problem and ask for help at least have the common courtesy to state what happened in the end. Did any of the suggestions help or not. This is nothing more than showing respect to those that took the time to offer suggestions..

Rick H.
Rick H.

1977 Kawasaki KZ-1000A1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scirocco, Grcko

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Oil changed and chain tightened; now clutch won't disengage 26 Jul 2019 09:09 #808169

• Rbasing
  • Rbasing's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Whoa whoa whoa! Sorry to offend gents. Wife had our firstborn on the 20th of June and I haven't been in the garage since! I appreciate all of the input and will update when the little tike is old enough for day care and dad can get back in the shop without a baby monitor and paranoia. In the days prior to becoming pop, I was able to tension the cable enough with the adjustments alone to eliminate the initial issue; but the bar and in-line adjustments have to be MAXED out. Then the clutch was slipping at high revs. Then I became a dad. My plan is to change the oil first and fill to an appropriate level. I used SAE 10w-40 (castrol, high mileage, some sludge protectors which I understand can cause slippage). Then I plan on going back and trying the clutch screw adjustment tricks loudhvx recommended to see if this lessens the amount of cable tension required for clutch actuation. This bike has 18k on the current clutch pack so I figure replacing that will be the following step if all else fails. And for this, a mechanic will be involved. Also, I've attached a picture of the old girl for those who care.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: loudhvx, Scirocco

Oil changed and chain tightened; now clutch won't disengage 26 Jul 2019 09:22 #808172

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
]Congratulations Dad! That's awesome!

Thanks for the reply and photos... Now back to diaper duty :)

Last edit: by loudhvx.
  • Page: