Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

What brand of valve cover gasket? 25 Mar 2019 14:43 #801035

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationYou might find an OEM gasket for much less than $60 on eBay. Here's one for $25 w/ free shipping. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
The following user(s) said Thank You: bluej58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by 650ed.

What brand of valve cover gasket? 25 Mar 2019 15:22 #801038

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
  • Thank you received: 1906
Greg aka 76KZ900 need a gasket for a non smog valve cover aka 1000 J or GPZ 1100 engine. :whistle:

:whistle:
Attachments:

Last edit: by Scirocco.

What brand of valve cover gasket? 25 Mar 2019 16:41 #801044

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1973
Now before all the OEM members tar and feather me
I also use OEM often.
But Im a heretic and also like Cometic brand gaskets . Which I feel for me work great
As a service to our members see this link to Orient Express www.orientexpress.com/p-3929-cometic-valve-cover-gasket.aspx
They sell the cam cover gasket for $15.00 Dollars
Far better than $60.00
Dave

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn
The following user(s) said Thank You: bluej58, SWest

What brand of valve cover gasket? 26 Mar 2019 07:41 #801067

• old_kaw
  • User
  • Thank you received: 269
Normally in this day and age of google and the internet there is no need to pay exuberant prices for any gasket, unless you need it NOW, and the only source is your local dealer. (has HIGH overhead)
If you google 11061-1121 gasket, cylinder head - for my smog head J motor, it pops at $39.21 +7.99 frt. on Partzilla. Further down, on the same google page, it shows an eBay listing for $15.99 with free shipping. Score! I just ordered this in anticipation of pulling my head in the next few weeks.

www.ebay.com/p/KAWASAKI-11061-1121-GASKE...NDER-HEAD/1223121049

When I worked at a small mechanic shop while in college, my boss wanted me to use 3M "gorilla snot" to glue the cork SBC valve cover gaskets to the cleaned up valve covers in an effort to keep the VC gaskets intact if they had to be removed for valve adjustment after head rebuild run in. (he had all sorts of assembly requirements I had to follow) I have tried to stick these Kaw gaskets to the cover with RTV in the past, but they do not survive the same way the SBC cork gaskets did. However I have had great success with reusing them with a thin coating of RTV. The rubber composite on the metal gasket comes loose, so care is necessary to keep it as intact as possible.
1981 Kawasaki Kz1000K1
Located in the Saint Louis, Missouri Area.

Last edit: by old_kaw.
  • Page: