Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Best oil to unstick a stuck ring? 20 Jul 2018 08:22 #787265

• One1
  • One1's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • KZ 750 FOUR
  • Thank you received: 3
Yes they run backward (counter clockwise) . You can see the kz1000 timing advancer he posted runs clockwise by the arrow indicating direction of rotation. For this engine to be running incorrectly it has to be running forwards (clockwise). Something not achievable thanks to the starter clutch.  I had an issue with the starter last week where it was running backwards after the magnets came out of the can when they got loose. Guess what the bike did...... Nothing. It just spun freely cause of  the 1 way bearing. When it tried to spin the crank clockwise it just free spins. It is impossible to do. I flipped my starter magnets upside down in the can and all was well. It spun counterclockwise and works as it should. 
Vulcan 750, KZ750, KLX 125, and many more......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Best oil to unstick a stuck ring? 20 Jul 2018 13:46 #787285

• One1
  • User
  • KZ 750 FOUR

hardrockminer wrote: Kawasaki bikes use two different coil impedances....2 and 4 ohm.  (primary)  Which one do you have and is it the correct one for the bike?

When the points are open what is the voltage on the green/black wire with respect to battery ground?  

My manual says primary is 5 ohm, the coil is close at about 8 ohm. My OEM coil tested the same and it also makes spark when I reinstalled it today. Both have spark, the OEM one seems more stout. I would no longer call it weak. The secondary was 12.5k which is perfect. 

I don't know what green/black wire you are looking at, but my points voltage is within 10% of battery voltage.

Attachments:

Last edit: by One1.

Best oil to unstick a stuck ring? 20 Jul 2018 16:34 #787302

• One1
  • User
  • KZ 750 FOUR
So like I said everything was set perfect turns out it was an amperage issue which are always very hard to track down. I had the voltage everywhere I was supposed to have it but I was getting an issue with amperage back at the factory fuses. The wire itself was corroded inside and I replaced the main power wire and started getting some life

I always have cameras rolling in the shop so i was able to get it's first fire on tape. Carbs weren't even primed. It got 1 carb firing as it was priming. 

Looks like someone is butthurt I got it started. Lmao. They put thumbs down on it, why you Mad bro? Hahaha. That makes me happier :)  I'll make another one of it running to hate on ;) 

Last edit: by One1.