Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

what size is my motor? 05 Jun 2006 20:54 #52431

• wireman
  • Visitor
can you post a picture of the motor?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

what size is my motor? 05 Jun 2006 21:09 #52434

• kawtoy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
Anything is possible. If it is stock it will not be a 976. It could have been bored out and restamped or restamped by someone who didn't know the actual displacment. It really doesn't matter as far as price goes. Sounds like you got a good deal. I wouldn't raise a stink about it. Just get the bike home and enjoy your new KZ1000. Get ready to spend a bunch of time on here and tinkering with the bike.
Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

what size is my motor? 05 Jun 2006 21:21 #52442

• Pterosaur
  • Visitor
kawtoy wrote:

Anything is possible. If it is stock it will not be a 976. It could have been bored out and restamped or restamped by someone who didn't know the actual displacment...

All quite true.

One way to spot in a hurry if the displacement ID has been fudged with is if the numbers are *stamped*.

The block displacement ID is part of *casting* from the factory - the numbers are raised above rather than indented in the metal.

But in either case, Kawtoy's right. Obtain, ride, enjoy.

what size is my motor? 05 Jun 2006 21:30 #52443

• kzmarvo
  • kzmarvo's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I wanna thank everybody for all the info and help. Cant wait to get it home and start on it. I am gonna try to get the numbers off the bike tomorrow if i have time and maybe that will help. But yeah enjoy is what i will do, working on it as well as riding. Once again thanks.;)
Watch it folks,i have sticky fingers when it comes to a nice looking set of handle bars:)

• Page: