Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Thunder in Old forge, no rep from the kawi's? 05 Jun 2011 14:28 #455610

• nedrowjoe
  • nedrowjoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
My father and I went from syracuse to rome, ny then to old forge. We hung out at the rally for a couple of hours, which I was highly dissapointed in. Every bike event I have been to has had a terrible showing for KZ's or even older kawi's in general, or even older jap bikes of any age. I was hoping to see the guys from z1 enterprises as well, and they weren't there. It's about the ride anyway, what a beautiful ride it was, 270 miles through the adirondacks!:woohoo: So i'm wondering if there are any hidden rallies especially for kawis or jap bikes. My bike held up well, no issues, exept for the 30 mile ride on washboard road from old forge to number 4 road in lowville, ny, ate my chain, dirt and dust did it in. I'll wash it up and lube it and hopefully we'll be good. My gas mileage has went down the toilet, since i put on the header and went up two main jet sizes. I had to stop 3 times for gas. at one point on our second stop I had put a total of $22 dollars in the tank and my father had only put in $16, he's got a 88 zx10. It doesn't help that cruising at 75 or 80 for long periods of time with the rpm's turning at between 5 and 6000. I had a blast and hope to make it to several more events this summer. I'd like to make at least one specific ride to be around other kawi's, I would feel at home. I saw one kz1100, some guy had butchered up, and the next closest thing was a honda nighthawk 750. I had several compliments on my bike and am not done with her by any means.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Thunder in Old forge, no rep from the kawi's? 05 Jun 2011 16:07 #455620

• mjg15
  • User
  • Thank you received: 18
Were there more or Harley's or black flies on the roads? My parents have a house just outside of Old Forge, June is a good month to stay away from there, the flies are brutal.
'80 Z750fx
'81 KZ550A
'81 GPz550's, Too many!
'82 KZ1000R
'82 GPz750
'90 ZR550

Project photo album: s163.photobucket.com/albums/t289/mg15_ph...GPz-ZR550%20project/
s163.photobucket.com/albums/t289/mg15_ph...current=DSC01286.jpg

Thunder in Old forge, no rep from the kawi's? 05 Jun 2011 16:41 #455627

• nedrowjoe
  • nedrowjoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
there were some flies but not enough to bother you if your going faster than 5mph's.

Thunder in Old forge, no rep from the kawi's? 11 Jul 2011 15:21 #462272

• s3steve
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
If you're looking for a Kawasaki event this is the one to attend for 2011.

www.americanmotorcyclist.com/events/amavintagemotorcycledays

Kawasaki is the Marque of the Year this year!

www.americanmotorcyclist.com/events/AMAV...MarqueOfTheYear.aspx
1973 Kawasaki Z1
1975 Kawasaki S3
2006 BMW R1200RT

• Page: