Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Greed 25 Aug 2018 07:31 #789780

• nads.com
  • nads.com's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 20
Over the years ive seen z1 enterprizes not giving prizes, but the clear example of greed. Starting with the shitty vesra gaskets and seals that are bottom line as it gets too outrageous prices now on ebbyting. I bought carbs for 680 and they want 800+. I know people arent going through them as much anymore. Its almost like someone developed a crack habit and were paying for it. Im just done with z none. Had to share. I know im not the only one. And busted is the myth that "oh no you cant do that! Now i shall hang. They will come for me. Silence!
The following user(s) said Thank You: loudhvx, JR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Greed 25 Aug 2018 08:00 #789782

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1021
I've been dealing with Z1E for about 5 years...probably more than 100 orders. Only two were screwed up and they came good on both of them. One was a bent brake rod during shipping due to the way it was packed. They sent me a new one. The other was a set of dyna coils instead of the dyna ignition I ordered. They sent the ignition right away. Since the move to Florida I've found shipping to be faster than before. (I live in Canada so have to put up with customs delays.) My only beef is the styrofoam chips they put in as packing....I hate that stuff! Otherwise I've found them stellar to deal with.

That's not to say I've had any issues with other suppliers, and I've dealt successfully with Z1 Parts, Partzilla, Webike Japan, Doremi USA...you name them. All have been good to me.
I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.
The following user(s) said Thank You: old_kaw

Greed 25 Aug 2018 08:56 #789786

• old_kaw
  • User
  • Thank you received: 269
I've never had a problem with any of them either. I have seen posters that won't deal with anyone without a phone number, which I can kinda agree with too, but not a deal breaker for me. Most fleabay vendors have no number, or maybe I just don't usually look for one anymore.
The only problem I have had with Z1 was my fault for not looking close enough before clicking "buy now".. the wrong valve shims (totally unusable on my bike). I looked frantically for a phone number to call, but alas.. I did however email immediately, and the order was fixed prior to shipment.

They do have a large number of aftermarket parts, but the description usually states as "equivalent to OEM" or something to that order. Come to think of it, so do most any small bike chops, like Cycle Gear (psycho gear lol)
1981 Kawasaki Kz1000K1
Located in the Saint Louis, Missouri Area.

Last edit: by old_kaw. Reason: more deep thoughts by jack handy :-)

Greed 25 Aug 2018 09:23 #789794

• slmjim+Z1BEBE
  • User
  • Enjoy Life! IT HAS AN EXPIRATION DATE!
  • Thank you received: 595
We got spoiled during the old heyday of Z1 Enterprises (Z1E) when a phone call would usually be answered by Steve, Rob or even Jeff himself. Those guys were (and are) as knowledgeable as they come. They're stand-up, hard working individuals of good integrity.

The acquisition of Z1E and the subsequent move away from NY to FL, along with the acquisition of other vendors that have all been folded into the same conglomerate has meant the loss of the original, personal level of customer service we had come to expect from the Z1E of old. It was literally a Mom & Pop family business, with all the advantages & disadvantages thereof. Sadly, that level of CS is becoming increasingly rare these days.

I can assure everyone that the current management is aware of the dissatisfaction resulting from the merger.

Z1BEBE and I have dealt with Z1E for a very long time. We've had no problems with the new Z1E. It's our belief that Z1E is working to improve the customer experience, but the days of speaking to Steve, Rob and Jeff are gone.

We don't believe that greed is or has ever been a part of Z1E's business dealings.

Good Ridin'
slmjim & Z1BEBE
A biker looks at your engine and chrome.
A Rider looks at your odometer and tags.

1972 Z1 x2
1974 Z1-A x2
1975 Z1-B x2
1993 CB 750 Nighthawk x2
2009 ST1300A

www.kawasaki-z-classik.com
An enthusiast's forum focused exclusively
on all things Z1, Z2 and KZ900.

Greed 25 Aug 2018 09:41 #789797

• JMKZHI
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 48
I contacted Z1Enterprises the other day about a measurement for a throttle cable, which they did. Their reply was 2-3 days after my email, which is pretty much what I was expecting, so no problems there.

The pricing at Z1Enterprises seems fairly competitive and often times better than some other places, EB included. Depending upon what you're doing, genuine Kawasaki parts may be preferable of which Z1E does carry some. I guess they can still get any oem part not listed, but you'll have to ask & wait a couple of days for a reply. not a problem for me.

Last edit: by JMKZHI.

Greed 25 Aug 2018 10:42 #789799

• ThatGPzGuy
  • Sustaining Member
  • More Sparky than Speed Racer
  • Thank you received: 376
As soon as I see the word "greed" used in this context I stop taking the writer seriously.
I use and will continue to use Z1E as long as they continue to provide service I am willing to pay for. I too miss the days where I could pick up the phone and talk to Rob or email Steve but oh well... I also liked the old website better.
As an XS650 owner I will say MikesXS has improved but I am still leery of their rubber bits.
Jim
North GA
2016 Yamaha FJR1300ES
1982 GPz750 R1
1974 Kawasaki H1
1976 Kawasaki KZ400
1979 Yamaha XS650 cafe'
2001 KZ1000P
2001 Yamaha YZ426
1981 Honda XR200 stroked in an '89 CR125 chassis
1965 Mustang
1967 Triumph GT6
1976 Bronco
"If you didn't build it, it's not really yours"

Greed 25 Aug 2018 11:56 #789800

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 512
Welcome to the Liberal, Millennial World! I am glad I am 60! I feel sorry for Jeff, as , I too have had many conversations with him on the phone in the past!
It is a cut throat Business! As Amazon is Proving today! I feel for Jeff, as his feet were held in the fire! He had no choice, other than to go work at Home Depot or Walmart in the warehouse with his experience!
It is what it is! I still buy from them!
JMO!! You know who I voted for! in The US of A
Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

Greed 25 Aug 2018 13:24 #789804

• zukdave
  • User
  • Thank you received: 229
It's a nads.com post take it at face value.
1980 KZ650 F1
ZX750A1 motor.
Wiseco 810cc kit.
Zukiworks racing ported head.
VM 29 smooth bore's.
Dyna 2000 Ign. w/Dyna mini coil's
APE cylinder stud's and nut's.
APE valve spring's.
APE Track King clutch.
V/H KZ1000 sidewinder.
3.5x18 laced to a KZ1000 disk hub.
150/60/18 Shinko 006 Podium.
63" wheel base.

Greed 25 Aug 2018 13:29 #789805

• old_kaw
  • User
  • Thank you received: 269

zukdave wrote: It's a nads.com post take it at face value.

True that! Perhaps they are branching off from men's hair removal to Kawasaki parts., and just wanted to get a few kicks in on slamming one of the better vendors.
1981 Kawasaki Kz1000K1
Located in the Saint Louis, Missouri Area.

Greed 25 Aug 2018 22:20 #789812

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2611
Z1E is a paying vendor here. Jeff contributes with some of his vast knowledge. If you have a problem with his company the right thing would be to take it up with him not use this forum to air your grievances.
Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: slmjim+Z1BEBE, old_kaw

Greed 26 Aug 2018 06:53 #789815

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
It's a nads post... nuff said.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JR, old_kaw

Greed 26 Aug 2018 07:15 #789816

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2611
Almost sent this to problem threads. Decided not to when the members took care of it themselves. :whistle:
Steve

• Page: