Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Auggie's KZ900 Project 30 Aug 2007 08:37 #167352

• auggiedog
  • auggiedog's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Here are a few more, I guess it will be comin apart again this weekend.
Patton....
The oil cooler is an Earls. The lines are Aeroquip fittings, I forgot where the hose came from, -6AN. The bracket I fabricated from 1/8 aluminum angle top and bottom, and then they simply bolted on, there are tabs on the cooler.
The Devil exhaust is from a Yamaha R1, 98-01 Stainless midpipe. It fit perfectly with very little mods. I fabricated the bracket out of aluminum. The midpipe comes with a pretty think brass or sim gasket that goes between the pipe and the header, which got it close to the header size. I only wrapped the end of the header with about a 1" wide wrap of muffler tape which gave it a nice snug fit once it hardened. The header is a MAC I think, not a Muzzy like in my descrip. So, not sure how the angles would work out with a diff header. I liked the slightly roughed up look of the whole thing once it was on, looked like it had been there a while...
The carbs are stock 26's..they've been great as long as I dont touch them..
I welded the crank over the winter, we have a H2o cooled TIG welder here at work and one of the welders did it for me, took her about a half hour and it was done. made sense to do it since then i would not have to take it apart agin if i go bigger with the displacement.
I welded the frame 20 years ago, and only welded the triple tube and the steering head, which made a HUGE difference when you got on it-straight away. The bike got a little stiffer feeling in the curves though.
Front end is stock except tapered bearings.
and the tag mount was simply aluminum fabricated to bolt on to the encap of the swingarm.
The swingarm is a GS1100 or 1000, not sure. I simply opened up the grommet area to fit the base of the shock and TIG welded opposing brackets for the KAW ZRX shocks. The brackets might be a little overkill, but what the hell..
I have another swingarm if anybody wants it BTW..

Next is a WM6 DID rim and wide tire for the back and a DID rim for the front, swingarm spools installed, and of course trying to figure out this problem wit burning oil...

Thanks all for the great comments..
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Auggie's KZ900 Project 30 Aug 2007 08:39 #167353

• auggiedog
  • User
not sure how to post multiple pix
Attachments:

Auggie's KZ900 Project 30 Aug 2007 08:40 #167354

• auggiedog
  • User
oil cooler, I still need to make a bracket on the backside that will stiffen the whole thing up, thats why there is that one allen bolt on the frame for now

Post edited by: auggiedog, at: 2007/08/30 11:41
Attachments:

Auggie's KZ900 Project 30 Aug 2007 08:46 #167356

• auggiedog
  • User
gauges

Post edited by: auggiedog, at: 2007/08/30 11:47
Attachments:

• Page: